Block / Ignore / Hide a specific thread?

redrick

First Post
I don't have a particular thread in mind for this (at the moment!), but is there any way to hide a thread so that it doesn't continue to show up on my particular forum listing?

Sometimes, I stumble into a blackhole of an argument thread that I just can't extricate myself from, and every time somebody else posts a response, I can't help but read it, and I find myself stuck in this never-ending loop of having arguments in my head with people on the internet about a topic that is not worth arguing over. Short of exercising self-control and discretion, is there a way to tell the forum software, "no good will come of me seeing this thread anymore."

MoutonRustique

Explorer
You could always use your browser's "block this" feature with the thread url as a blocked url...

I'm not familiar with most browser's capabilities - but in Opera 12 it is very easy :)

redrick

First Post
You could always use your browser's "block this" feature with the thread url as a blocked url...

I'm not familiar with most browser's capabilities - but in Opera 12 it is very easy :)

Ha, I'll look into that in Chrome. Was hoping for a nice "out of sight, out of mind" feature, but I realize, if ain't in the code, probably not gonna happen. thanks!

Remove ads