• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Blood and Fists!

igavskoga

First Post
Firstly, having adapted the system to my fantasy homebrew and used it for almost 10 sessions now (4 out of the 5 players have some form of martial arts knowledge) let me just say that this product is probably one of the best d20 supplements I've bought - period. We all love it, and I've made a lot of personal tweaks to my setting in order to to really make it shine. Its greatly enhanced both my setting, my massively homebrewed rules, and our enjoyment every session. So, again, thanks! :D

On to my question:

Have there been any web supplements or additions which have added in more stances, signature maneuvers, or legendary maneuvers (or even regular ones)? If there are and they exist in some other of your d20 Modern books I apologize, but we're not really modern players -- in digging around for a solid martial arts system Blood and Fists just came up every time so we took a chance on it.

Kind of a sub-question here... but if anybody out there has come up with more maneuvers and stances and they feel like sharing their inspiration I'd love to hear about it.

Vigilance

Explorer
Stances and Signature Maneuvers and Legendary maneuvers are underdeveloped parts of the game.

Basically, they were the hardest to design, and seemed to please people the least, so I concentrated more on adding to the real world style list in future supplements.

igavskoga

First Post
That's fair - are there any plans for something like that in the future? It sounds like no, which is fine, just curious.

Any of the modern supplements you might recommend for further inspiration (from any line)? We're currently working with the Blood & Fists Masters Edition.

Vigilance

Explorer
We have done some things in the Modern Dispatch that support B&Fists, but they're more adventure-y and might not be what you need if you are running a fantasy game.

Oh and btw, thanks for the shout out, glad to know you liked it!

Chuck

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads