Blood of The Werewolf [Erekose 13 Judging][Concluded]

Patlin

Explorer
It's now about 10 AM, you could probably make it to the village in time for lunch... a late lunch, unless you hustle a bit.

Manzanita

First Post
"Lunch sounds good to me." As they trot towards town, Rowan says, "This kind of reminds me of home. Small, peaceful village. Rampaging werewolf..."

Rowan offeres Boog Vanth's horse. Everyone else is mounted aren't they?

B4cchus

Explorer
Talbin's stumach grumbles wih the though "Lunch! I thought we'd never get to that! At home i used to have the greatest lunches you know. Mother used to bake these fantastic pies. She's put in the most strange ingedients. When you'd see her making one you'd think Is that supposed to go in a pie? But when you's taste it you could think of nothing better! The best she's make is het famous lamb-carrot cake! Or maybe her apple-pear-grape pie, or the gravy and tomatoes pie, or het egg-meatloaf.." Talbin continues to sum up a couple of dozen pies before he notices nobody is really listening anymore. "Yes, lunch, that'll be nice".

Talbin is mounted.

ooc: Talbin is apporved for level 3.. W00t :)

Boddynock

First Post
OOC:
Can someone clarify a point for me? I still can't get my head around all the niceties of damage reduction.

If a werewolf has damage reduction of x/silver (whatever the actual number is), does that mean the damage reduction can only be bypassed by silver weapons, or are magical weapons also effective in bypassing the DR? I thought that WotC had done away with the hierarchy of materials again.

El Jefe

First Post
OoC: Boog is approved for 5th-level play.

IC: Boog accepted the loan of Vanth's horse. He didn't mind going faster, so long as he didn't have to spend any of his own money to do it.

Boog seemed different after the encounter with the spirits at the shrine. Anyone looking for merely a physical change would notice that the black streaks had disappeared from his hair, leaving an unruly brick-red mop atop the pudgy psion.

But something was different about his demeanor, too. He seemed strangely eager to face this abomination, his dark eyes gleaming as if he knew some hidden secret. "Just give me a silvered weapon", he muttered to himself with an eerie grin, "I'll take care of it myself."

The others didn't know what to make of this transition, but it bothered Rowan especially. The last time he'd seen anything like this in Boog had been the time Boog had discovered how to read minds...and that had nearly gotten the two of them declared persona non grata at the monastery where they had met. This new urge seemed much more violent...and dangerous.

Last edited:

Boddynock

First Post
Father Eusebius urges his mule forward to ride beside Rowan, so that he can speak with the young warrior.

"Unfortunately, I have only the one silvered weapon - the kama which Juliana crafted for me. Since you tell me that my fists will not be effective against such a creature, I must rely on that weapon myself. I do, however, have many silver-tipped crossbow bolts, if they would be helpful. I also have this masterfully crafted crossbow, if you need the use of it."

He pauses for a moment and then adds, "If you cannot find another silvered weapon, and wish to engage the beast at close quarters, then I will loan you the kama - although I have noticed that not many warriors are familiar with the weapon. I would then stand back and support the party through missiles and spells."

He then leans in to speak more confidentially.

"Do you know what has happened to our friend Boog? He seems different - quite belligerent. Is this some effect of our visit to the shrine, do you think? It is clear that the servants of the gods had powers of the mind similar to those which Boog himself displays. Perhaps they are behind this change?"

Manzanita

First Post
Rowan takes Eusebius's kama and whips it around awkwardly. He hands it back. "Can't use that thing. That' some monk weapon, right. Not the sort of things for a regular chap like myself. Thanks though. I do have a silvered dagger, actually, which will do in a pinch. I can hit pretty hard with my flail and guisarme, as well, if I can't find a better option."

"As for Boog, I like him better now. He's whacky, but hey - he always was. I'm just glad everyone sticking around. Nice bunch, this. We'll make a plan once we talk to the locals."

B4cchus

Explorer
"I have a slivered shortsword, but i'm afraid it is made according to my size and it won't be very effective in your hands. I also have some silvered sling bullets that i can use to get the beastie so you could use the sword. Wouldn't bother me that didn't have to get that close to the beastie either."

Remove ads