Bloodcove Disguise

galahad0430

First Post
Your standoff is interrupted by noise in the distance towards the city. Looking back you can see birds flying out of the trees and monkeys scrambling.
"Ah," Xeanja sighs, "your time is even more limited." She points towards the disturbance. "That is the Brotherhood's troops. Your time in Sangre has gained their attention. You must conclude your business with me quickly if you wish to maintain your lead against them."
She smiles, "All I need is that key. The rest of your supplies and such can still make it to the camp."

It looks like the troops are about a half day behind you.

OOC: Xeanja is the woman that's been speaking so far. For future reference, I always put different people speaking in different color text, so everywhere you see yellow in this exchange that would be Xeanja speaking. If someone else speaks they get a new color.

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
"You'll not gain the key from us, m'lady." Kalinn grins, showing slightly enlarged eye-teeth, and a frosty breeze wafts gently through the clearing. There's no malice in her smile or her voice; to all appearances she's completely relaxed. "But if you'll stand easy and give your word to molest us no further we'll allow you and yours to live."

Intimidate (1d20+7=18)

OOC: Not her best effort, but not too shabby . . . Going for the 'Demoralize' option, here, rather than changing her attitude.

jackslate45

First Post
With that, Aradra pulls an arrow from his quiver, nocks it, and fires it right at the girl.

OCC: Might as well start us off. With a miss. Although she IS flat foot. 1d8+4 if hit.
One shot with only Deadly Aim. I do not have PBS as per the map, so am not adding it.

Last edited:

galahad0430

First Post
OOC: someone had to take Raynucio's place :)

OOC: Everyone roll initiative please. No surprise round, so Aradra can get his full action if he wants to make it a rapid shot (just roll another shot w/ the additional -2 or let me know if you want to only have the single shot).Also, Aradra kicked it off so he doesn't need to roll initiative, instead he will be at the top of the round.

Last edited:

galahad0430

First Post
OOC: be sure to give me the coordinates of the square you move to. Everyone also needs to make 2 perception checks. Number them 1 and 2. On the map (which is attached to the first post of this encounter) all the areas with foilage are difficult terrain

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
With tensions mounting Markas moves his hand to his sword. The woman and others could be a bunch of bandits but it seems they know something of the group he has joined.

When the arrow flies out he knows that the fat is in the fire and draws his blade. Not wishing to get separated (and thus probably surrounded by the bandits) he holds his postion and readies for the enemy to come to him.

[sblock=Actions]
Move: Draw weapon
Standard: Ready - Attack if enemy comes into range.[/sblock]

Last edited:

galahad0430

First Post
Aradra's hastily fired arrow glances off of Xeanja's mage armor and with that everyone begins to move at once. The guards aim their crossbows at individual targets and Xeanja begins casting a spell.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
An instant after the arrow flies by, Kalinn is moving . . . Hafísbíta leaps from her scabbard as the raging barbarian closes rapidly with the hosts of the party. She swings at the leader, but the greatsword is well wide of the mark. Her spirit guardians swarm around the woman as well, but also fail to land a blow.

[sblock=Actions]Initiative (1d20+3=23)

As usual for me, IC got the rolls backwards - I'm certain it intended the natural 20 to go on initiative. :lol:[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads