Bloodcove Disguise

galahad0430

First Post
As Marhvokos finishes speaking, the first of the longboats grounds itself on the beach and the men inside jump out and head towards your group. It is quickly followed by the second boat.

OOC: I need to know where everyone is at this point. How many followed Raynucio to the group, and if anyone had any type of action before the exchange with Marhvokos. The last of the village's buildings is only about 40' from the beach.

Last edited:

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
"Ah, then well met I suppose Captain Marhvokos, I am Raynucio Vega, and we are indeed, "Freddie's people". You are quite sure they do not need to be hacked down where they stand I assume? If you change your mind do let me know, I should be happy to oblige." The pale giant growls coming to a halt beside the Captain and glowering at the approaching pirates.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Kalinn stops with Raynucio and nods at Marhvokos before turning her gaze back to the approaching longboats. She smiles slightly at the big man's words, but doesn't comment.

udalrich

First Post
Syldar hangs back with the rest of the group. While she is effective at communicating with people, it seems her style is likely to conflict with Raynucio's. She pays attention to the conversation, hoping to be able to gracefully redirect it should Raynucio's attitude become unwelcome.

jackslate45

First Post
Aradra does not like it, not one bit. The fact that people were fleeing the arrival of these men means something. However, he also did not want to draw un-wanted attention to them. It might hurt them later.

Therefore, he sits and waits. However, a hand reaches back to scratch his neck that does not seem to itch.

Last edited:

nothingpoetic

First Post
Chaucer walks along the beach with the rest of the group, adjusting his scarf to hang a bit looser as the temperature begins to effect him. Mopping his brow with his sleeve, he notices the group as he adjusts his pack, feeling the bulge of the leather pouch in his back. I will adjust that once we are situated on the boat and I have read all the documents. Chaucer thought. Raynucio steps forward and begins speaking before anyone else has time to move. Chaucer looks at Aradra, with a knowing look, and whispers, This can't end well...

Chaucer slips his bow off his shoulder and plants one end in the ground in front of him and leans on the other, just in case.

OOC: Sorry I hadn't posted, had a busy couple days, and this week won't get much better, probably be a bit hit or miss as we go for the next few days, should be able to be on at least once a day, but those times might vary.

galahad0430

First Post
The pirates fan out as the leader walks toward your group. Marhvokos steps forward and says, " I have a writ of passage from Captain Helos, Lohgrin."

The leader of the pirates stops and laughs, "Your writ is worthless, Marhvokos, Helos is dead and the Wraith sunk! How wonderful to find you here on the beach. You won't be outrunning me here."

Marhvokos is visibly shaken, but recovers quickly, "Other Brotherhood members might not think my writ so worthless. Besides, I have no cargo now and am headed for Sangre anyhow."

Lohgrin smiles, "Ah, but who cares what the Brotherhood thinks, we are three days out from Sangre and they hold no sway here. I'm sure we can work out a suitable payment for me to honor your writ though. Say... 1500 gold? Yes, that sounds fair." The other pirates snicker.

"1500 gold!! That's ridiculous! The original writ didn't even cost half that."

"But Marhvokos, you are in no position to bargain." He then looks at your group, "Passengers, Marhvokos? They will of course have to pay for themselves also."

Lohgrin looks over your group his eyes pausing for a moment on Syldar and Kalinn. He then addresses Raynucio.
"You have the look of a noble, your party seems to have an abundance. I will not ask much, just some of your extras. I see you have two nice swords and you are also blessed with two women. As payment I will except the extras." He points at Capitas, "I think that sword will do nicely, as for the women, I prefer the elf, but whichever you decide will do."
"Right, men?" He shouts to the others and they respond with a lusty cheer.

Last edited:

jackslate45

First Post
Aradra draws his bow, and takes aim at the captain there. When his hand goes back to his bow, not one but two arrows are extracted from it. "The brotherhood has no hold here? Then they would not care if I shoot you dead right?"

Remove ads