Bloodcove Disguise

perrinmiller

Adventurer
After finding some breakfast from the excavation's cooking tent, you are approached by Commander Dias.

"Good morning. After you have finished eating, we need some teams to scout around. I trust you can handle this for us?"

"One team should head north a ways and then circle around clockwise to complete a full circuit of the site taking about four hours. The second team should head out about two hours later and do the same thing."

GM: Yeah, go ahead and level to 5th. I will trust you guys to have the details worked out on when you officially leveled. You might even be close to 6th for all I know.

If you want to take Chaucer along, you can. It might be beneficial to have three instead of two. But XP awards will be roughly the same regardless.

jackslate45

First Post
Waking up at first light like always, Aradra dressed quickly. He got his dagger into position, put on his armor, and put his bow back into his quiver. Having expanded many arrows between the trip from the pirate town and here, he stops by the armory and restocks back up with all his arrows. Aradra then goes to wake Shadow, and the two head towards breakfast.

As the commander finishes speaking, Aradra nods in agreement. "Very well." Turning to his companions he says " I was thinking teams of three instead of two. I have seen the unbelievable power of the bard, and feel that assigning one per group was where we started. Anyone have recommendations as to how the split continues?"
[sblock=Mini Stats]Aradra Longstrider
Initiative: +6
AC: 17 (13 flat-footed, 14 Touch)
HP: 53 Current: 36
CMB: +7 CMD: 21 Fort: +5 Reflex: +8 Will: +3
Conditions in Effect: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Deadly Aim, Rapid Shot

Current Weapon in Hand:DA/RS MWK Longbow (STR +2) +7 1d8 + 6 per shot
Right hand spring loaded wrist sheathe: Dagger

Adaptation: 50 minutes remain (Darkvision 60')
Spells Remaining:
1st Level 2/2 Longstrider, Aspect of the Hawk
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]Shadow
Initiative: +2
AC: 14 (12 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 26 Current: 26
CMB: +3 CMD: 21 Fort: +5 Reflex: +5 Will: +2
Conditions in Effect:

Current Weapon in Hand: Bite+3 1d6+1
[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Kalinn rises with the sun, feeling much better for her night's rest. In fact, during her morning meditation she feels a little bit of extra knowledge wriggling around in her brain . . . new ways to channel the powers bequeathed her by Mynhear. She spends some little time rolling this new knowledge around, getting the feel of it and learning its ins and outs before joining Aradra in the camp.

"I think you have something there, Aradra . . . the singing of the minstrels had noticeable effect on me, even in my madness. Very useful."

[sblock=OOC]Unless I'm much mistaken, Kalinn's got the XP for 6th level now. I've submitted her for review, so if I've done the math wrong I'm certain the reviewing judge will catch it.

The TXP and TGP has been approved through the "DMC" lines as part of her leveling to 5th. Everything after that is new to this level up.

In regards to patrols of three rather than two, so long as I don't have to NPC someone I'm good with it - I have enough trouble keeping up with one character :p[/sblock]

jackslate45

First Post
"Well, I vote for having at Aradra with me. He has been known to save my life on more than one occasion." Chaucer says, winking slyly to Aradra. Aradra simply shakes his head and says "Right. Stop getting into trouble and maybe I wont have to. Consider that." "Wheres the fun without trouble? We would never have gotten to this point without the trouble along the way." "I stand by the point of no trouble is good."

As the two bicker back and forth, Mandalo pikes in with "I would recommend you go with those two, Kalinn. I am sure your battle strength will be a good distraction from Aradra's ability with the bow."

[sblock=OOC]
I have no problem playing as Chaucer. It is easily the character I have the easiest time with, with both Aradra and Chaucer starting their career's together.
[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Commander Dias nods her approval, "Very well, I will leave you to it, then. Good luck."

BDEnc11Map00A.jpg

GM: I will need to get an idea of your marching order and spacing. Direction of travel is heading East.

jackslate45

First Post
With a nod, Aradra quickly finishes up his meal, and stands up. "Kalinn, you should take point. Shadow will be directly behind you, using his nose to scout for anything. I'll be somewhat back somewhat, but close enough that I'll be able to aim cleanly. Chaucer will split the difference between the two of us, so we can both hear quite cleanly."

[sblock=Order]
Aradra: T2
Chaucer: T5
Shadow: T7
Kalinn: T8
[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
The tall warrior stands and dusts her hands lightly together. "Right you are, my friend! Let's be off and do what we can to protect these good folk as they strike the camp." She leads the others out the gate and begins a careful scout around the perimeter.

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Kalinn Ari
Initiative: +3
AC: 19 (13 Flat-Footed, 16 Touch)
HP: 56/56
CMB: +5 CMD: 18
Fort: +7 Reflex: +6 Will: +5

Senses: DarkVision
Perception: +08, Sense Motive: +0

Current Weapon in Hand: Hafísbíta

Spells Available (Cantrips: Unlimited, 1st Level: 5/5 per Day)
Cantrips: Acid Splash, Disrupt Undead, Jolt, Mending, Ray of Frost
1st Level: Ear Piercing Scream, Mage Armor, Protection from Evil, Shield
[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
After an hour you are traveling eastward on the first part of your clockwise patrol. You are following a fairly obvious path or game trail instead of just cutting through the undergrowth.

There is a sudden quiet of the ambient jungle noises.

[sblock=Updated Map]
BDEnc11Map00B.jpg
[/sblock]
GM: Roll some Perception checks please.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Kalinn slips down the jungle path, working to keep the noise of her passage to a minimum and keeping all of her senses tuned to her surroundings. Sadly, this means that she hears every single cricket chirp, frog croak, bird whistle, and leaf rustle . . . very distracting!

[sblock=OOC]Well, it's plain for everyone (except Kalinn) to see that we've got the right person in front :p:blush:
Stealth, Perception (1d20+5=8, 1d20+8=11)[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Kalinn Ari
Initiative: +3
AC: 19 (13 Flat-Footed, 16 Touch)
HP: 56/56
CMB: +5 CMD: 18
Fort: +7 Reflex: +6 Will: +5

Senses: DarkVision
Perception: +08, Sense Motive: +0

Current Weapon in Hand: Hafísbíta

Spells Available (Cantrips: Unlimited, 1st Level: 5/5 per Day)
Cantrips: Acid Splash, Disrupt Undead, Jolt, Mending, Ray of Frost
1st Level: Ear Piercing Scream, Mage Armor, Protection from Evil, Shield
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads