• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Bloodied

Thanee

First Post
What does "bloodied" do? (I know what it means (below ½ max-hps), and that other abilities use it.)

Or is it just a state, with no inherent effect?

Bye
Thanee

neoweasel

First Post
Thanee said:
What does "bloodied" do? (I know what it means (below ½ max-hps), and that other abilities use it.)

Or is it just a state, with no inherent effect?

Bye
Thanee
There is no inherent effect. It can, however, trigger other effects.

BlackMoria

First Post
It is a condition or state with no inherent effect. However, the condition can be a trigger for other effects which check for the condition and either apply or don't apply.

Some monster abilities (like rage or a immediate attack against a adjacent target) kick in when the monster becomes bloodied.

Bloodied can make you more vulnerable as some powers or monster abilities are more effective against bloodied targets.

Satori

First Post
Yup, it does nothing except get my Tiefling all excited.

Unfortunately, during the first few combats I kept thinking that "Bloodied = Demoralized" or something similar...and, as such, avoided Bloodied critters.

Such is not the case! A Bloodied critter is JUST as dangerous as a full HP critter...and sometimes more so!

ValhallaGH

Explorer
For some PCs, Bloodied foes are more tempting targets. These characters have feats, and (eventually) powers that have increased effect upon bloodied creatures.

Bloodied is also handy as a reference for when your character dies. I.e. negative hp equal to your bloodied.

Remove ads