Bloodline Sorcerer (Please Comment)

netnomad

Explorer
Greetings all!

Let me present my newest creation: Bloodlines: The Sorcerer Legacy. :) This whole thing came about after reading a thread about how peeps were redoing the Sorcerer class. It has been said that it was just too much like the wizard and it's not flavorful enough. Hmm… I concur! So began my journey to the dark side, some two weeks and 8 pages later this is what I came up with. Before anyone freaks out (you know who you are) this "system" is an add-on the normal Sorcerer its not a total rebuilding of the class. It's 100% optional with "minor" changes to the sorcerer without redefining it.

So why am I posting this? I want feedback! Good, bad or ugly I want it. ;)

Thanks for your time. Now back to your regularly scheduled banter…

-NetNomad

Update I: Changed the OGL and fixed bookmarks

Update II: Added a new bloodline and Traits as Feats section

Attachments

• sorbloodlines.doc
    121.5 KB · Views: 244
Last edited:

seasong

First Post
I can't seem to open the file. Is it actually a ZIP or something else?

Edit: Nevermind. Just needed to rename it sorcerer.zip and it worked fine.

Looks interesting. There's a whole slew of abilities, and I don't have the time to go through them for balance, but some of the early ones (Celestial Blood, Divine Blood) looked a bit weak for what they cost the sorcerer.

Overall, neat idea!

I think I'm that peeps you were referring to, btw ;).

Last edited:

netnomad

Explorer
seasong said:
I can't seem to open the file. Is it actually a ZIP or something else?

Sorry about that. The Forum did not like the apostrophe in the file. I renamed it and uploaded it again.

BTW, that was a really quick response seasong. :) I guess it must be that Austin gamers thing.

Enjoy.

-NetNomad

Last edited:

Centaur

First Post
Gave it a quick scan, looks cool enough.

I like the Sacrifice HP for + to DC. Might introduce that as a Metamagic feat of some sort in my own campaign.

Samothdm

First Post
Update Your Section 15

Cool idea - I'm working on a very similar concept for my own homebrew and have been reading all of the sorcerer threads here in the House Rules forums (including Seasong's).

BTW, you need to update your Section 15 of the OGL. I'm one of the types who always looks at section. Anyway, you need to list your "Bloodlines: The Sorcerer Legacy" title down there. Look at some other d20 products for examples.

Urklore

First Post
Hey this is pretty neat. I'd love to see some more bloodlines (maybe like snake or Yuan-ti and you get more squeezy or stretchy type abilities).

netnomad

Explorer
Centaur said:
Gave it a quick scan, looks cool enough.

I like the Sacrifice HP for + to DC. Might introduce that as a Metamagic feat of some sort in my own campaign.

Hmmm. If there is some more of an outcry for this I can convert all the traits to feats and make them work like a feat chain. I rather not do that since I’m trying to make then different from feats.

Thanks for the feedback!

-NetNomad

netnomad

Explorer
Re: Update Your Section 15

Samothdm said:
Cool idea - I'm working on a very similar concept for my own homebrew and have been reading all of the sorcerer threads here in the House Rules forums (including Seasong's).

BTW, you need to update your Section 15 of the OGL. I'm one of the types who always looks at section. Anyway, you need to list your "Bloodlines: The Sorcerer Legacy" title down there. Look at some other d20 products for examples.

Thanks for the feedback! I added the OGL at the last second. I was not to sure how to handle it. I'll make the changes and upload it again sometime later.

Seasong's thread is the one that spawned this. :)

-NetNomad

Last edited:

netnomad

Explorer
Urklore said:
Hey this is pretty neat. I'd love to see some more bloodlines (maybe like snake or Yuan-ti and you get more squeezy or stretchy type abilities).

I would like to do more bloodline but I stoped to take a break and ran out of idea. :) The Yuna-ti is a good idea. I have to check to make sure that they are still allow by the OGL.

-Netnomad

Remove ads