Blueholme: A Simulacrum

Dreamscape

Crafter of fine role-playing games
The original publication estimate of Augst has passed us by, and I'm still receiving some interior art from my main man. While there's nothing I can do to rush him, I thought I'd try an "early release" of the PDF which has all the art to date (which is most of it), and then I can update the file as and when I get more of the remaining pieces. If you missed out on the Kickstarter, you can now pick up the almost-complete version on DTRPG (and get updates as the art is finished off):

http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/208800/BLUEHOLMETM-Journeymanne-Rules

208800.jpg

Dreamscape

The print proofs for Journeymanne (hardback and softcover) and the updated Prentice Rules (perfect bound and saddle stitched) are on their way. Hopefully these babies will all go PoD soon. :)

Last edited:

Dreamscape

The Proof is in the Pudding! Now only a big red marker stands between backers and their hard copies of the BLUEHOLME™ Journeymanne Rules (and the updated Prentice Rules).

20171130_090356_KS.jpg

Dreamscape

Time for another update on the Blueholme Brochure. Creating this guide for the eponymous city of the Known World of BLUEHOLME™ is a complex, back-and-forth affair. I started with a broad concept for the city on an island in the Crystalmist River, followed by a few sketches of what it might look like. Like all the city states in the Known World, there are elements of the real world in its architecture. Blueholme is more British Medieval in look, as opposed to the French-inspired Avermere or the pseudo-Russian Urvekos. I hasten to add that, in architecture as in rules, I am not striving for historical authenticity – this is just a springboard for my imagination. The mysterious fortress – the Blueholme itself – is a completely alien artifice.

Step two was to draw a rough map of the place, indicating major buildings and neighbourhoods (the Wards). After that, it’s basically switching between writing and further detailing the map until, eventually, the thing is done. So far there are several iterations of the map, which gets scanned at intervals as it gets more and more detailed. There will be different versions of the map in the Brochure, each providing different information such as Ward boundaries, businesses, the sewers, catacombs, and tunnels in the rock on which the city stands.

Current progress is somewhere in the middle – I am about to finish the final details on the overall map, before jumping back into the text to finish off descriptions. Next will be zooming in to particular Wards or smaller neighbourhoods within them, and working on the plethora of tables needed to bring the place to life.

WIP 2 KS.jpg

Remove ads