• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Bo9s Crusader to Pathfinder Paladin?

Particle_Man

Explorer
My DM is thinking of switching rulesets to Pathfinder, and might be restricting things to Pathfinder, Advanced Player's Guide, and the Bestiaries. So I am playing a human crusader reincarnated as a treant with an Ancestral Relic intelligent sword. So far, the treant works out, I can take a crafting feat to get something close to the sword, but am not sure how crusadery I can make my paladin. I think Improved Vital Strike is a must (the character is a 12th level Crusader but with no Treant HD - my DM's ruling on how reincarnation works. Makes me tough in meelee, but of course at this level the meelee guys are not the head honchos anyhow), as is Power Attack and Furious Focus, so I can duplicate the "one attack per round that hits really hard" aspect of the Crusader. Can't do anything about delayed damage, AFAICT, but maybe I can put the healing aspects of the some of the strikes as powers of the sword.

Just wondering if any of you guys had any ideas, to see if I am missing anything.

Osagasu

Villager
The first thing I'd do is try to convince him to let you play a converted version of the class. I've looked in the past, and most comments that I've read that are interested in the conversion seem to agree that the classes are still good enough to be played in Pathfinder with minor changes to the skill lists.

Barring that, there is a paladin archetype that completely abandons magic to focus on his weapon and justice. Uhh.... Warrior of the Holy Light, I think. That may be a direction you want to look.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads