[Board Game, Online] Sunday, 3/14/2010, 7pm to 10:30pm CST

staeben

First Post
I am looking for four players this Sunday at 7pm to roughly 10:30pm CST. I have put the board game Vampire, Prince of the City into MapTool. It is one of the best board games I have found, in terms of combining a role-playing aspect into a board game. You have five vampire clans from White Wolf and the point is to accumulate the most prestige by the end of the game to become Prince. You do this in a number of ways. You get prestige based on what parts of the city you control and the various ways you can accumulate personal prestige. You make and break alliances. Hunt down other players to beat them up and take their stuff or humiliate them and take some prestige or influence(3 types of challenges). Table talk is encouraged in order to curry favor, threaten, make deals, and plead with the other players.

In the game you have a board that you move around on. I scanned that in pieces and photoshopped it together. There is a large card deck that represents stuff, retainers, strategy cards, event cards, and other stuff. I have scanned these in and used the macros to set up a system so you will be able to see the images of the cards in your hand, but the other players won't. You will be able to see what cards you and the other players have face up/in play on the "table". You will also be able to see how much vitae/blood and prestige you and the other players have. The dice rolling and prestige counting is partially automated. Meaning there is so many possibilities with the 100 card deck, that you will have to do some counting and adding of bonuses and penalties yourself. Any modifications to stats or cards can only be done through macros(kept track of in a library token) and is announced in the chat window.

MapTool v1.3b63 required. Ventrilo is also required. I will PM the server information to whoever wants to play or just watch. Though my vent server is only 10 person, so there could only be 5 watchers, that could listen to what was happening anyway. Webcam is optional. I will have a webpage setup for that, for those who have one and want to use it. I will be using one as I think it adds to the whole social feel. Again I will PM that info to players or those who want to watch.

That is it. Any questions? Who is interested?

Remove ads