• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Board Games for the Blind

arscott

First Post
So, my family really loved the last game I introduced them too (Fluxx), but it's not that great for the extended family--I have an uncle who's blind.

Are there any good Board games or Card Games that can be easily played when one of the players can't see? Braile Uno, while cooler than regular Uno, gets old after a while.

Fate Lawson

First Post
Talk about an untapped market!

Heck, even as a fully sighted person I would love to see oversized versions of games like Fluxx. When you have a large (6+) group of players it can be hard to see the current cards in play from across a large table.

Unfortunately I've never come across any Braille games outside of the old standbys like chess, checkers, Monopoly and Scrabble.

Asmor

First Post
Hmm...

They make braille playing cards, which opens up a lot of possibilities.

This site has a braille chess set and dice.

Other than that, any game with perfect information should be playable, although it might not be easy (e.g. Settlers of Catan, if you played with resource cards revealed, would be playable in theory but it would be difficult for the blind player to memorize the board's layout).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads