D&D General Bob World Builder Recreates WOTC's "Do You Like Me?" Survey!

mamba

Legend
Look at the very first post in this thread, it's all about a toxic clickbsit stunt the dude is pulling right now.
explain what is toxic about it, he seems to try to replicate the WotC poll, since WotC is not releasing their results. Was having that original poll toxic too? If not, what makes this one toxic?

Have you watched Bob’s video?

Parmandur

Book-Friend
explain what is toxic about it, he seems to try to replicate the WotC poll, since WotC is not releasing their results. Was having that original poll toxic too? If not, what makes this one toxic?
The original is some sort of corporate BS to make a point in some meeting: Bob's toxic poll is farming views for money by stirring the pot in the community. See, look here: pool stirred by toxic clickbait.

mamba

Legend
The original is some sort of corporate BS to make a point in some meeting: Bob's toxic poll is farming views for money by stirring the pot in the community. See, look here: pool stirred by toxic clickbait.
he is just curious what the result will be, since WotC is not releasing theirs.

You can argue his is clickbaity (I don’t think it meets even that criteria), but he certainly is not going about it in a toxic way (fill this survey to show WotC how much you hate them)

Is there any result to his survey that you would consider a sign of non-toxicity or is it still toxic even if the majority liked D&D and was neutral on WotC? Do people have to love both for the survey to not be toxic? That seems laughable on its face and not the result WotC will have gotten either

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Is there any result to his survey that you would consider a sign of non-toxicity
No, merely starting this at all to generate traffic is a bridge too far, though I didn't care for the videos of his I have seen previously that much either. The results don't matter, the pot-stirring is the toxic behavior, even if he cops a smile while doing it with a gentle voice.

TheSword

Legend
he is just curious what the result will be, since WotC is not releasing theirs.
It’s only been a week. Good grief.

That was part of why it seems so odd. He obviously wanted to know what people thought of WotC and D&D so bad he immediately released his own survey days after theirs closed.

Arilyn

Hero
It’s only been a week. Good grief.

That was part of why it seems so odd. He obviously wanted to know what people thought of WotC and D&D so bad he immediately released his own survey days after theirs closed.
Bob's was released before it closed. He was just curious because it seemed unlikely that WotC's would get released. If it did, it'd be interesting to see if results were similar. It's just for fun. That's all there is. No pot stirring or trying to "get WotC." No toxic, see how much WotC is hated. No gathering of anti-WotC folk. And no, I really don't think Bob's followers are haters. Bob isn't someone you follow if you want to rage.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
And not just any people, either...the survey results will almost entirely come from his own followers and subscribers. And that's not a problem! It's useful information, especially if he's using it to refine his channel and the types of content he provides to those followers. It's only a problem if people believe the survey results are representative of everyone, or if he cultivates that misunderstanding to generate outrage.

Last edited:

Remove ads