D&D General Bob World Builder Recreates WOTC's "Do You Like Me?" Survey!

Arilyn

Hero
I try really hard to be positive when I interact with people online because I see how much negativity makes people miserable, and it's REALLY easy to not think about posters as fellow humans and just use their avatar as a target for venting, but for some reason this narrative of "Bob and Ginny are just toxic clout chasers using cynicism for cash" is really making me upset. It's not grounded in reality.
I agree and have been feeling the same. The accusations are strange.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
I wouldn't classify it as "clickbait" because it seems genuinely interesting. He's not trying to trick you into paying attention to something meaningless. He's curious what kinds of results one might see in a survey like that, and he thinks you're curious, too.
That’s fair enough. I don’t have any use for some guy’s “people who watch my videos” survey about a company that he has a general cynical lean to his videos about, whenever talking about them, but that part is small beans.

I don’t have a huge problem with this video, I just find it odd that people are so defensive about this guy’s “Bob Ross for D&D” image when he is as smug as he is.

SakanaSensei

Adventurer
I can always use more game prop content.
If there was more conversation about how to make props for games, different ways to structure notes, you know, actual productive things instead of gatekeeping about who "looks like a wizard" and whether mechanics for X game are somehow breaking what it means to "actually roleplay," TTRPG corners of the internet would be a lot more pleasant.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
If there was more conversation about how to make props for games, different ways to structure notes, you know, actual productive things instead of gatekeeping about who "looks like a wizard" and whether mechanics for X game are somehow breaking what it means to "actually roleplay," TTRPG corners of the internet would be a lot more pleasant.
How much soy sauce does it take to make me look like a real wizard?

Vaalingrade

Legend
Probably because youtubers are saltyover OGL debacle. ..
Yes. And if you every try to hold someone accountable over something scummy they try to do, but they failed at doing it because they got got by the internet caught them and roasted them for it, not only are you the Enemy, but so is the platform you use and everyone on that platform.

Which is why I can't wait for the logic bomb explosions when they realize WotC is also on YouTube.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
Yes. And if you every try to hold someone accountable over something scummy they try to do, but they failed at doing it because they got got by the internet caught them and roasted them for it, not only are you the Enemy, but so is the platform you use and everyone on that platform.

Which is why I can't wait for the logic bomb explosions when they realize WotC is also on YouTube.
I don't disagree, but what would you have them do next? They've already backtracked, already reversed their decision, already acknowledged the problem, and they've already ensured that it can't happen again by putting everything into the Creative Commons. I understand the desire to beat that drum, but what other action are we trying to drum up?

Remove ads