• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

BoED Stacking Question

Kodam

First Post
Hi!

I just want to get sure on this one: does the Sanctify Weapon Feat stack with Sanctify Martial Strike (both from the Book of Exalted Deeds)? I think they do stack, but since they provide exactly the same amount of damage bonus I'd like to confirm my thoughts.

Thanks in advance!

Kodam

brehobit

Explorer
Kodam said:
Hi!

I just want to get sure on this one: does the Sanctify Weapon Feat stack with Sanctify Martial Strike (both from the Book of Exalted Deeds)? I think they do stack, but since they provide exactly the same amount of damage bonus I'd like to confirm my thoughts.
Kodam

I'd say no. Both make the weapon sanctified (see page 33 of BoED) so there is no stacking as I read it.

Kodam

First Post
Hi!

Yes, that's exactly what confuses me. The damage is increased by the same amount by sanctifying the weapon in both cases. But since the two provide different kinds of Boni (holy vs. unnamed) they would stack.

Kodam

brehobit

Explorer
Kodam said:
Hi!

Yes, that's exactly what confuses me. The damage is increased by the same amount by sanctifying the weapon in both cases. But since the two provide different kinds of Boni (holy vs. unnamed) they would stack.

Kodam
I see your argument, the ki strike doesn't say it makes the ki strike sanctified (as per page 33). But I'd call that an oversite by the author. The name of the feat (Sanctify ki strike) and the benifits of the feat strong imply that the ki strike is sanctified. I'd rule they don't stack.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads