• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Bonus Stacking

Alex319

First Post
I thought that there was a general rule that stated that bonuses from the same source never stack, but I can't seem to find it.

My question is:

If a party has two Warlords with Combat Leader, do the initiative bonuses from Combat Leader stack? How about the bonuses from Tactical Presence, if there are two taclords? If there is both a tactical warlord and a resourceful warlord, do the to-hit bonuses from the Tactical Presence and Resourceful Presence stack?

GorTeX

First Post
phb page 275, the sidebar at the bottom of the page titled Bonuses and Penalties

Bonuses of the same type (not source, type..but generally, a bonuses from the same source will also have the same type) do not add together unless they are untyped bonuses

Penalties from the same power don't stack (even if they somehow have different types).

DracoSuave

First Post
I thought that there was a general rule that stated that bonuses from the same source never stack, but I can't seem to find it.

Above poster has the source for ya!

But as for your questions:

My question is:

If a party has two Warlords with Combat Leader, do the initiative bonuses from Combat Leader stack?

Combat Leader gives a power bonus, so multiple Combat Leader bonuses would not stack.

How about the bonuses from Tactical Presence, if there are two taclords? If there is both a tactical warlord and a resourceful warlord, do the to-hit bonuses from the Tactical Presence and Resourceful Presence stack?

Tactical Presence does gives an unnamed bonus, and untyped bonuses always stack with everything else. So even without looking at Resourceful Presence, I can tell you they would stack.

This is a moot point, however. Resourceful Presence doesn't give an attack bonus, but a bonus to damage. However, the feat Tactical Assault gives Tactical Presence an untyped bonus to damage. That -does- stack with Resourceful Presence.

Remove ads