• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Book Covers (Damage Control)

Bran Blackbyrd

Explorer
No matter how careful you are with your RPG books, sooner or later something happens to them. I'm especially careful with mine, but they still get scuffed from rubbing against eachother in my backpack.

I stopped by the local Staples today for some stuff and saw some nice bookcovers. They're called Book Sox and they come in solid colors and prints. The ones that this store had were the standard size, which really aren't made for things as large as 11x9 D&D books. They make jumbo ones, but Staples didn't have any.
The standard size fit my PHB, but it was an extremely tight fit and I have a feeling that a few trips in my backpack and the corners of the book may tear through the cover. The Jumbo size covers would probably be ideal though.
The prices are different on the site, but staples had them for $2.88 (3.88 for prints), about a dollar more for jumbo. At that price it would cost me close to thirty bucks to cover all of my 3E stuff. :) But if you like your books to stay in mint condition, that's probably worth it. They seem to be made of spandex (good thing since I probably stretched it to it's limit getting it on my book) and are even washable.

[Tangent]
They're mostly meant for school text books. I wish they had been available when I was in school, my teachers were pretty strict about covering your books (they'd even dock your grades if you showed up one day with your book uncovered). Considering the scarcity of stores that use paper grocery bags anymore, I can see why someone created this product.
[/Tangent]

Anyway, I just thought I'd let everyone know about these. Now I can worry just a little bit less about my books getting wrecked in transit to a game, and my PHB has the snazzy midnight sky cover, hehe. ;)

Hejdun

First Post
I use them for my school books, and they are very good. However, like you said, the standard size won't be too good, but jumbo sized should work. Eventually the corners of the sock tear away, though.

Crothian

First Post
There was one simple thing that I started to do that really helped to get rid of much of the wear and tear on my books: I stopped throwing them at people.

Remove ads