• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Book Names in a Library

mseds99

First Post
Howdy y'all,

I'm running the party through a noble's home that has a private library. Invariably, the party is going to ask the name of every book in the place, especially the wizard. So, if you could, please post generic names of books, possibly with a brief description, that could be found in any library . The noble's home is located in the city of Thentia on the Moonsea in the FR, so any names specific to the area would be cool too.

Muchas gracias to all, because I'm HORRIBLE at coming up with stuff like this on the fly.

:)

Last edited:

Maraxle

First Post
An Officer and an Orc
How to Kill a Nosey Thief (book is trapped with exploding runes)
The Guide to Dining in Thentia
Removing This Book Does Not Open A Secret Door

Florin

First Post
I like what Raymond E. Feist did with one wizard's library. There were like 10 or 12 volumes just entitled "Magic". Something like "A History of the Moonsea" would always be good too. "[Insert name here]'s Travels", stuff like that. :)

roytheodd

First Post
Well, I was going to post a response, but now that I see Dagger here I don't think I will. Hehe, only kidding.

I found a list of 150-200 book titles in the back of the Kingdoms of Kalamar adventure called Birthright.

Elder-Basilisk

First Post
_1001 Ways to Sell Your Soul: How to Bargain With Fiends and Come Out on Top_
_The Zhentarim Field Guide of Torture and Related Leisure Activities_
_Squeezing Blood From Stones: Shylock's Annual Survey of Collections Agencies_
_Bribery for Beginners: A Practical Guide_
_Who's Who in Mulmaster_

"Those are just for research. It's important to know how to the kind of people who do such things think. I mean, it's important to understand them so that we can empathize with and tolerate them. . . . Yeah, that's it, honest."

_[insert Dale Reckoning year here] Shadowdale Census_
_Doing Business in Comyr: The Ins and Outs of Tariff Law_
_A Dwarf's Impressions of the Ruins Myth Drannor_
_Voonlar's Destruction Inevitable? A Dissenting View_
_Prosperity and Poverty in New Flan_
_Escape From Zhentil Keep_
_When The Gods Walked Faerun: An Eyewitness Account of the Time of Troubles_
_Duty and Honor: The Memoirs of a Paladin of Torm_
_Big Trouble in Little Mulhorand, a Novel_
_Masters of Magic? A Critical Look at Mystra's Chosen_

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads