• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Book Search - Looking for your help!

Kheti sa-Menik

First Post
Hi everyone.
I'm trying to find a book and I don't know the title or author.
I read it when I was in high school, that would have been 1991-1995. So it was published before that time or during that time.

Basically it was a modern setting adventure/drama novel about a man who finds out his family has a secret legacy: they are guardians of a piece of the True Cross that is stained with the blood of Christ. The protagonist's grandfather was a guardian but not his father. The grandfather died and left the cross fragment to the main character. The man finds that the cross has some mystical powers.
Things get complicated when a mysterious figure that weeps blood begins pursuing the main character. Also, a young woman steps in to assist the main character. She ends up being part of the Order of St Helen or some such and she defends him.
There's a showdown in an abandoned house where the man who weeps blood is assaulting the protagonist with various powers and spirits and the woman arrives with a submachine gun and gets the man out.
I know the man with the blood weeping eyes turns out to be named Abraham or something that like.

It was an odd book and had many layers of meaning but was at its heart a good adventure tale. I'd like to find the book and give it another read but much searching has left me with 0. My google-fu is pretty high but I've had no luck. I'm hoping that someone here has heard of it/read it/knows some info.

Remove ads