• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Book Sources for Warlock Invocations

saucercrab

Explorer
Other than Complete Arcane & Magic of Incarnum, are there any other WotC books that have invocations?

Any third-party sources? Any home-grown sources? (For the latter, I don't wish to discuss the validity/balance to them; that could be done in a separate thread in House Rules.)

fafhrd

First Post
In Dragon 332, the Touched by Madness article contains an invocation called Voice of Madness. Other issues may contain others, but I think the Warlock is still protected IP. If that's the case, other 3rd party companies likely aren't supporting the class.

Azaar

Explorer
Not to my knowledge, no. Of course, I need to pick up Magic of Incarnum so that I can have access to the additional invocations.

I have, however, been playing with an idea: trying to modify some of the epic spellcasting rules from the Epic Level Handbook in order to make Epic Invocations. That way, we can use the Extra Invocation feat from Complete Arcane to get access to dark invocations, although it might need modification in the form of Dark Invocations being able to be obtained solely through having an Epic Invocations feat, like Epic Spellcasting from the ELH. If anyone is interested, I may try my hand at it and go from there.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads