Boons

Amatiel

Explorer
I liked 5e's idea of boons, and I intend to incorporate the idea into my Pathfinder2e campaign.
Boons are basically bonus abilities, feats or powers that are gained from a Power, Entity or Arcane Ritual.

One of the first boons I will be granting is the following. I intend to introduce some rune magic flavor to my campaign, and wanted to grant some boons along that theme. I decided that Focus Abilities provide an excellent basis for this type of progression.

The PC's discover an ancient runestone. They will need to undertake some research & rituals, but will be able to unlock the runstones power. Once they do, it will bestow the ability below, where-upon the runestone will become non-magical.

RUNIC EMPOWERMENT
FOCUS 1
Requirement:
Eschew Materials
Cast
[one-action] somatic
Range
self
Duration
Instantaneous

Upon learning this power, the rune of empowerment becomes branded in golden script upon the flesh of the palm of your hand. It glows with a faint golden radiance and radiates a gentle warmth whenever you have available focus points.
Your daily focus pool gains focus points equal to your ability modifier.
Whenever you cast a cantrip, you can expend a focus point to cast the spell as a Somantic action by drawing a glowing golden rune in the air.
[FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Remove ads