• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Boons

Amatiel

Explorer
I liked 5e's idea of boons, and I intend to incorporate the idea into my Pathfinder2e campaign.
Boons are basically bonus abilities, feats or powers that are gained from a Power, Entity or Arcane Ritual.

One of the first boons I will be granting is the following. I intend to introduce some rune magic flavor to my campaign, and wanted to grant some boons along that theme. I decided that Focus Abilities provide an excellent basis for this type of progression.

The PC's discover an ancient runestone. They will need to undertake some research & rituals, but will be able to unlock the runstones power. Once they do, it will bestow the ability below, where-upon the runestone will become non-magical.

RUNIC EMPOWERMENT
FOCUS 1
Requirement:
Eschew Materials
Cast
[one-action] somatic
Range
self
Duration
Instantaneous

Upon learning this power, the rune of empowerment becomes branded in golden script upon the flesh of the palm of your hand. It glows with a faint golden radiance and radiates a gentle warmth whenever you have available focus points.
Your daily focus pool gains focus points equal to your ability modifier.
Whenever you cast a cantrip, you can expend a focus point to cast the spell as a Somantic action by drawing a glowing golden rune in the air.
[FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Remove ads