• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Boosting Endurance by combining it with Diehard?

IndyPendant

First Post
What do you think? Would that be too powerful? It's hard to deny that Endurance is one of the weakest feats in the game. Diehard isn't bad--but strikes me as being a bit weak for a full-fledged feat by itself as well. However, combining them would probably then make Endurance too good--and one thing that needs to be considered is that this would essentially give every...single...ranger...the Diehard ability.

Still, Endurance needs a boost. Another alternative I've been considering is a flat +1 bonus to Fort saves, in addition to the +4 bonus described in the feat.

What would (or did) you do to fix it?

Bront

The man with the probe
Actualy, Endurance is quite usefull when you consider players sleeping in armor. A fighter with Mithril Heavy plate can sleep in it when he has the Endurance feat.

However, it takes an astute DM to make sure it's worth while. If you feel it's not worth it, combining it with Diehard might be ok. the +1 fort save is too much.

Cheiromancer

Adventurer
I wouldn't change Endurance. Its main function is to be a pre-requisite for better feats or prestige classes, and to be the bonus feat for a ranger. Diehard has a similar role- to be a pre-req and/or a bonus feat.

Feats that serve as pre-reqs or are granted as bonus feats should be weaker than usual, imho.

Remove ads