• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Boosting My Spell Resistance

Kaji

First Post
Howdy,

My character has SR via a template, and I'm trying to figure out how to boost it via whatever method I can, seeing as how we are in a high magic campaign. I don't want an item that gives me a static resist, cause I'm already higher than all of those. Any ideas?

Voadam

Legend
Kaji said:
Howdy,

My character has SR via a template, and I'm trying to figure out how to boost it via whatever method I can, seeing as how we are in a high magic campaign. I don't want an item that gives me a static resist, cause I'm already higher than all of those. Any ideas?

Joe's book of enchantment's (a d20 pdf) provides good rules for creating a feat to boost any type of ability. One could be created with his guidelines for innate SR with no problems, I believe.

Nelthas

First Post
Sr

In the BoED there is a feat called Boost Spell Resistance that increases it by 2 points, but I think it requires you to be evil.

Kaji

First Post
Nelthas said:
In the BoED there is a feat called Boost Spell Resistance that increases it by 2 points, but I think it requires you to be evil.
Ah ha! Evil mage has no problem filling that requirement! :D

Thanks, I'll look there for starters. I was just reviewing the SRD for info about creating magic items that mimic feats, and there do not appear to be any rules for this. Anyone seen them somewhere else? I'm sure I've seen created items like that, or seen some spells that duplicate feats here and there. Must be around somewhere...

Thresher

First Post
Improved Spell resistance from the ELH will bump it up by +2 -pg60
-no pre-reqs apart from having SR

Exhalted Spell resistance from BoED will bump it up by +4 against [evil] spells and spell like abilities from evil outsiders. -pg42
-pre-req's of 15cha (?) and having SR

Boost spell resistance from BoVD will bump it by +2 -pg47
-pre-reqs of being Evil :)

Thats a profane bonus incidently on the last one so it would be able to be put on an item of some sort I guess.

Pax

Banned
Banned
The spell Resonating Resistance, I believe in BoVD (or maybe in DLCS), could be of interest to you, as well.

James McMurray

First Post
Pax said:
The spell Resonating Resistance, I believe in BoVD (or maybe in DLCS), could be of interest to you, as well.

Resonating resistance requires you to be a fiend though, so it might not be of use to you.

The Draconomicon has a feat that dragons can take that ups their SR to either equal their racial hit die or equal their normal SR +2. It is stackable with itself.

Over at Exodus we allow an Amulet of Strong Soul. It provides an enhancement bonus of +1 - +5 to SR. cost is bonus squared times 2,500. Epic versions would also exist (with the corresponding price increase).

Remove ads