• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Boosting poison and disease

Three_Haligonians

First Post
Hey all

One problem that I face now is that, in my epic level game, every PC can only fail the Fort save of any and every poison or disease by rolling a natural 1. This makes them pretty much useless and I was just wondering what the best way to fix this would be?

Poison is, I think, the easiest since there are already a number of sources that discuss various things you can do to a poison to make it more dangerous (as well as more than one PrC devoted to the same idea). I'm also thinking about rules that state that poison harvested from a poisonous creature is as potent (the DC) as it was when the creature was alive (since for the creature - the DC is based on HD and Con modifier).

Disease I'm not too sure about, what can be done to create more "viral" strands of exisiting diseases?

Thoughts?

J from Three Haligonians

the Jester

Legend
The DC to save against a poison or disease is usually based on the creature's HD, at least while they are using it on your pcs. Use venoms with advanced high-HD vermin, or even devastation vermin if you need to. This will up your DCs considerably.

Also, magical diseases and poisons (a disease that gets its own saving throw against remove disease or other effects is an interesting concept). A living plague would be a very interesting foe for an epic party.

Mirage_Patrick

First Post
if you want to be more....."realistic".....you could always have the saves be con checks instead of a fort save.

Never understood how advancing in level could make you more resistant to poisons and diseases except by raising your con

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads