• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Boots of Teleportation... D-DOOR?

stegma

First Post
Boots of Teleport are approximately 50,000 as I remember – what would the price be for a similar item – Boots of Dimension Door – or is there an item that does allow me to D-Door 3 times per day? How much would that be?
Any help would be GRATELY APPRECIATED! :D

Nail

First Post
From the SRD:

Boots of Teleportation: Any character wearing this footwear may teleport three times per day, exactly as if he had cast the spell of the same name.

Moderate conjuration; CL 9th; Craft Wondrous Item, teleport; Price 49,000 gp;Weight 3 lb.

Nail

First Post
Using the Magic Item Pricing rules:

4 (Dim. Door Spl Lvl) * 7 (CL) * 1,800gp (command word activated) * 3/5 (3 times per day) * 1 (slotted item) = 30,240 gp.

Nail

First Post
Better bet:

Boots of Psionic Dimensional Slide:

5(Power level) * 9 (CL) * 1,800gp (command word activated, Move Action) * 3/5 (3 times per day) * 1 (slotted item) = 48,600 gp.

starwed

First Post
Well, a DD 1/day item already exists:
SRD said:
Cape of the Mountebank

On command, this bright red and gold cape allows the wearer to use the magic of the dimension door spell once per day. When he disappears, he leaves behind a cloud of smoke, appearing in a similar fashion at his destination.

Moderate conjuration; CL 9th; Craft Wondrous Item, dimension door; Price 10,080 gp;Weight 1 lb.
This is exactly 1/3 the price Nail came up with using the standard pricing rules, for 1/3 the uses.

stegma

First Post
Nail said:
Using the Magic Item Pricing rules:

4 (Dim. Door Spl Lvl) * 7 (CL) * 1,800gp (command word activated) * 3/5 (3 times per day) * 1 (slotted item) = 30,240 gp.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Using the above calculations - for me to craft this item with Craft Wonderous items - would these calculations be correct? Im mainly asking because im not clear if the XP and time created is off the 30240 or the 15120? Would it take a month or 15 days for the 3 per day D-Door boots.

Crafting Item with: Craft Wondrous Item

4 x 7 x 1800 x 0.6 = 30240.00 (Three Per day)
Cost: 30240 / 2 = 15120.00
XP: 1209
Create: 30 Days

4 x 7 x 1800 x 0.4 = 20160.00 (Twice Per Day)
Cost: 10080.00
XP: 806
Create: 20 Days

4 x 7 x 1800 x 0.2 = 10080.00 (Once Per Day)
Cost: 5040.00
XP: 403
Create 10 Days

Nail

First Post
Round XP up, not down. XP = 1/25th the market price; that is, the price you calculate using the formula I've given above. (...and BTW: what are the decimal points for? ;))

Otherwise, your calculations look good. If I were you, I'd reconsider the spell in question, though. Dimension Door has a significant downside: no actions after you have DD-ed.

Consider the psionic version, or perhaps some of the low level teleport spells (found in the SC).

Last edited:

stegma

First Post
Thanks a lot eh!

Yeah im at my office job... i think its just in me to put desmals in - one of those mind flips.

The purpose of the DD i need is to get out of combat rather than in it. - but in that case, am I able to perform an action before i D-Door? Or is this considered a standard action to use?

I know the basics but im new enough to still have questions a lot about specifics... thanks for all your help!

Nail

First Post
stegma said:
.. am I able to perform an action before i D-Door? Or is this considered a standard action to use?
Activating a command word magic item is a standard action. ....meaning that using the Boots of DD often wastes most of the round.

My Clr went with the custom "Boots of Celestial Freedom", which started with Freedom of Movement (use activated), then added on a move action activated Dimensional Slide (2/day) later, as well as Expeditious Retreat (continuous) and Fly (2/day, Std action). Very sweet.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads