• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Boss fight! Help!

I am looking to adjust a creature to make a level 20 encounter. I want it to have 20 levels of barbarian, while keeping its primary abilities. I was told I was creating a lvl 40 battle. Please help! uploadfromtaptalk1448306887646.png

biotech66

Explorer
Adding class levels isn't 1-to-1, but it's close enough. If you just want the barbarian abilities and the rough abilities of the demon, add the abilities like rage et al., but don't add attack bonus or hit points. You get what you want a barbarian demon, but the fight stays roughly equal to what you wanted.

Ezequielramone

Explorer
I'm at work, so I don't have the books next to me...
But the pathfinder unchained has some "templates" for adding only some class' abilities, check the barbaric one.

Wolf72

Explorer
I agree with the others ... slap on the barbarian abilities, but do not stack the HP/Saves/Skills. Count the creature's HD as Barbarian levels for purposes of special abilities.

CRJohnston

First Post
Just to be contrary, it may be better to write up a level 20 barbarian and give him the demonic traits. In my experience no single 20 level character, especially a martial, is up to a battle with four smart players within five or even six levels. Loading him with all the demon traits you please can only balance him.

Remove ads