• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Boston Game Stores?

Asmor

First Post
I may have to check it out at the new location then. I had a very unpleasant experience with them at their old Harvard location in the Garage. I spent almost $200 on Eberron books and was treated like absolute crap by whoever was working that day. And that was after spending almost that much 6 months before that on minis, dice, and some non-D&D stuff. Because of the way I was treated, I haven't been back since and have done all my game shopping at the Barnes and Noble on Route 1 in Saugus (I live in Revere). If they are "real nice" now, I may have to try them again. I always felt like someone who spent $400 at your store over a period of 6 months shouldn't be treated like some newb who was "OMG destroying D&D" by purchasing Eberron products and not wasting cash on Forgotten Realms.

I don't know who gave you such a bad experience, but I've been shopping with them for years (including when they were in The Garage) and they've always been very knowledgeable and gracious.

Qualidar

First Post
If you're willing to go even further afield than Abington, Scholars Books in Bridgewater center has a bunch of game books. They're not super up-to-date, but they have a back catalog of old Mayfair (?) d6 Star Wars games, as well as a metric ton of other stuff of similar vintage that's quite impressive. Worth checking out if that's your thing.

Scribble

First Post
So... anyone going to be around On Friday the 15th?

Most likely during the day like afternoon time, which I realize is probably when most are at work n stuff but still- it would be cool to meet up with some fellow eners!

Scribble

First Post
You bet. Maybe we can grab a late lunch? When will you know your timing?

Eh... lemme check with the wife. (Man... I get married and suddenly I have no idea what time stuff is supposed to happen in my life... :p)

Really it kind of depends on when she and her friend decide to do not yet newborn baby preparation stuff... Whatever that might be...

Any particular time you are available?

Tharian

First Post
Well, doesn't that just figure. I won't be getting to Boston until late Friday night. That's a shame. I've seen so many familiar names posting to this thread and it would have been fun to meet.

Remove ads