• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Boston Gameday May 21st - Directions posted

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Even if a game is full, please feel free to express your interest - we'll put you on the standby list. Please post your registration. I'll combine the list at CircvsMaximvs when filling in games. Swapping around is fine, so long as there's space!

The game day is located in Newton, MA. I'll post directions as we get closer to the date.
Breakfast starts at 8:30; morning games run 9:30am - 1:30pm, afternoon games run from 2:30pm - 6:30pm.

The Games!
  1. Fiasco: Star Trek (Piratecat)
  2. Mutants & Masterminds 3: WINNING! (FickleGM)
  3. Mutants & Masterminds 2: "Avengers: Let's Do the Time Warp Again!" (SilverMoon)
  4. Leverage: The A Team (Rodrigo Istandalir)
  5. Old School Hack: Into the Darkness! (Piratecat)
  6. Alternity: The Death Planet (Carlzog)
  7. Dread: Virtual Wyoming (Zephrin the Lost)
  8. Space 1889: Mercurial Sands (Umbran)

Game Schedule

Morning Games + Slots

Piratecat's Fiasco: Star Trek
Game Blurb: Fiasco is pretty much a Cohen Brothers movie in a RPG, best described as "strong ambitions meet bad impulse control." It's also the funniest game I've played in the last two years, and space opera - whether it's Star Trek, Star Wars, Aliens, Buck Rogers, or more - is a perfect target for parody! We create the plot as we go along. No rules knowledge needed.

You can sign up for this or my afternoon game of Old School Hack, but not both.

1. Piratecat
2. Carlzog
3. Ao the Overkitty
4. Pseudonym
5. JC
(standby) Mr. Wright
(standby)

FickleGM's WINNING! (Mutants & Masterminds 3e)
Game Blurb: The Goddesses of Sheen World have been captured by the Columbian Broadcatching Syndicate and it is up to the Secret Vatican Assassins to rescue them.

The Secret Vatican Assassins
• Bitchin' Rock Star (from Mars)
• The Drug (with face-melting and body-exploding action)
• The Masheen
• The Mercury Surfer
• Tiger's Blood (aka Adonis)
• Warlock (with fire-breathing fists)

1. Nerfwright
2. Seonaid
3. SandieLaw
4. Orchid Blossom
5. Dantilla
6. Walkingcorpse
(standby) RedTonic
(standby)

Silvermoon's Avengers: Let's Do the Time Warp Again! (Mutants & Masterminds 2e)
Game Blurb: Marvel's premiere superhero team is once again ravaged by the great Time Warlord known as Kang. Can a hodge-podge team of current, former and reserve Avengers manage to thwart his plans to change many critical points in time in the Marvel Universe's history? Players may choose for their playing character ANY hero who has ever been an Avenger (on a first come, first serve basis).

1. Silvermoon, Jr.
2. Zephrim the Lost
3. ericpat
4. Shadowdenizen
5. Bruce
6. Duncan
(standby)
(standby)

Rodrigo's The Vietnam Job (Leverage)
Game Blurb: In 1972, a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... The A-Team.

The cast-
Hannibal - The Mastermind
Face - The Grifter
Murdock - The Hacker
B.A. Baracus - The Hitter
Tia* - The Thief

The Job-
A mysterious ex-intelligence officer presents the A-team with the job of a lifetime- a chance to take down corrupt military officials and clear their name at last.

* (She was the Vietnamese-American sidekick at the end of the fourth season, played by Tia Carrere. Since she was supposed to join the cast in the fifth season, let's pretend she did, and let's pretend she grew up as a streetwise orphan in Hanoi.)

1. Qualidar
2. Reveal
3. Tharian
4. Sarah Darkmagic
5. Glassjaw
(standby)
(standby)

Afternoon Games + Slots

Piratecat's Into the Darkness! (Old School Hack)
Game Blurb: Who knows what monsters dwell beneath the ruins of the old mill? If the elf and the dwarf don't stop bickering while you try to sneak you're surely going to find out, because your team of intrepid old-school heroes have been hired for 13 gold and a ham sandwich to go exploring. Nothing could be finer.

If you sign up for this, please don't also sign up for my morning game of Fiasco.

1. ericpat
2. Reveal
3. Duncan
4. Sarah Darkmagic
5. Nerfwright
6. Seonaid
7. Glassjaw
(standby)
(standby)

Carlzog's The Death Planet (Alternity)
Game Blurb: A simple run to a remote mining colony turns complicated when the crew of the tramp freighter, Ethel's Misery stumbles on to the planet's deadly secret. Spaceship battles, alien encounters, evil galactic corporations, and a chance to play the Alternity system! What more can you ask for?

1. Ao the Overkitty
2. JC
3. Qualidar
4. Rodrigo
5. Tharian
6. Silvermoon Jr.
(standby)
(standby)

Zephrim the Lost's Virtual Wyoming (Dread)
Game Blurb: Virtual Wyoming is a prescription-only VR experience where guests are downphased into a replica of the nation's 10th largest state on a lovely spring day in 1905. This simulation is exact to the highest degree of our knowledge of the region, and features a complete inventory of the flora and fauna found in the American West at the time- but no people! (Except for our guests, of course.) Visitors will have free reign over nearly 100,000 blissfully empty square miles, yet enjoy era-appropriate features such as paved roads and running water, which take the 'rough' out of roughing it!

If your Health Care Provider thinks you need time to relax, Virtual Wyoming is the only VR retreat you should consider. Come and lose -or find- yourself in a blissfully calm place where nothing could possibly go wrong.

1. FickleGM
2. Pseudonym
3. shadowdenizen
4. Bruce
5. Dantilla
6. Mr. Wright
(standby) RedTonic
(standby)

Umbran's Space 1889: Mercurial Sands
Umbran has volunteered to save the day, filling in for the very pregnant PKB and running Space 1889. Huzzah!

1. Silvermoon
2. SandieLaw
3. Orchid Blossom
4. Walkingcorpse
5. RedTonic
6. Ladysprite
(standby)
(standby)

Last edited by a moderator:

reveal

Adventurer
Cross-posted to both EN World and CM

I would like to sign up for two slots in Kitesh's morning game; one for me and one for my son, Duncan.

My wife, sandielaw on CM and keryn on ENW, would like to sign up for FickleGM's morning game and PrincessKeyBlade's afternoon game.

ericpat

First Post
Woo!

Sign me up for:

Mutants & Masterminds 2: "Avengers: Let's Do the Time Warp Again!"(SilverMoon) -- As Hulk.

And

Old School Hack: Into the Darkness! (Piratecat)

-Eric.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads