• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Bother Around Beregost

Wilphe

Adventurer
OOC:
So, Ivellious by himself. Grim, Cormick and Korik out to the side at about 10 feet
Somthing like this yes?

?????

I KC
G

Wilphe

Adventurer
OOC: BACK!

IC:
In front of you the twittering, scuttling and scampering begins again, Grim drops his haunches and growls - a low menacing sound. Ivellious just has time to see a a tidal wave of small, gray, indistinct, animalistic shapes bearing down on him before they are upon him. Seemingly hundreds of paws and claws are clambering up him and the rancid smell of death comes out from dozens of various sized mouths that snap at him with an unearthly appetite drawing blood that seems to excite these bloodless beasts even more.
However Ivellious does not suffer the icy hand of fear or a less metaphorical but none the less real desire to retch and can instead stand firm, should he wish to.

OOC:
[sblock]
Init:
Grim 21
NME 16
Ivellious 9
Korik 7
Cormick 4

HP: Ivellious 24/30

http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1072244

PS: Industry: Could you put Grims stats in the Gallery please?
[/sblock]

industrygothica

Adventurer
Korik hefts his hammer and sickle and joins Ivellious in fighting back the beasts.

[sblock]I don't have a lot of time at the moment, and may not for a couple of days at least, so it may be a bit before I can get Grim's stats up. I really thought I had done it, but it must've been pre-crash. I'll get it as soon as I can.[/sblock]

Wilphe

Adventurer
The hoard parts almost like water around Ivellious sword blades, almost as the flame sends up a stink of burnt grave flesh and the cold causes unliving tissue to freeze. Korik's mighty hammer squashes several of the beasts where they stand, but his sickle, though striking deep into the mass, seemingly has little effect.
Cormick and Grim dash into the fray, but despite valiant efforts make no impression on the writhing knee deep mass. Grim finds himself covered in the things and is in dire straits, seemingly much the worse for wear and nearly incapacitated by the stench and reek.

OOC:
[sblock]Ivellious should have got an AOO, resolving it now - it missed.
http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1075748 etc
HP:
Swarm 35/52
Grim 2/6 (Nauseated)
Ivellious 23/30
Korik 34/39
Cormick 11/13 [/sblock]

Last edited:

industrygothica

Adventurer
"Grim, leave!" Korik shouts as he continues to swing his hammer, trying to make his way to save his friend.

ooc: 5 ft. step towards Grim, full attack with the hammer only.

Ivellious

First Post
Ivellious continues swinging at the mass, hoping to draw it's attention to him, and away from his companion's animal companion. "I'm right here! Can't you hit me!" The Elf cries out at the mass

Wilphe

Adventurer
Grim barely heeds Korik's command and staggers off back towards the stone circle, wobbling a bit. A few beasties cling to his fur but he languidly shakes them off and they do not pursue, instead concentrating around Ivellious. The elf strikes deeply into the hoard with his flaming blade, cleaving several of the beasts in twain, his shortsword has difficulty strking home but his knowledge of the undead gives him an edge and a dull blue flash indicates that the cold, at least, did some damage to them.
Korik brings the hammer deep down into the mass, so much so that he can feel the hammer smack the ground - but the writhing mass flows around and above the hammer, seemingly unaffected. Cormick snaps at the undead hoard, but acheives nothing for his efforts. The swarm, in which you can now make out the forms of rabbits, mice, squirrels and berrygobblers (though right now precise taxonomic identification is not really what's important) clambers all over the three of you - with Korik suffering most from the claws and bites. However he is able to master the rising panic and nausea.

Grim continues to limp away back to circle

[sblock]Swarm 21/52
Grim 2/6 (Was Nauseated, but hors de combat and leaving)
Ivellious 22/30
Korik 29/39
Cormick 9/13
http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?u=Bother&limit=on[/sblock]

Remove ads