• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Bothered About Disposable Dragons (B.A.D.D.) Membership Drive

Wolfspider

Explorer
Are you tired of seeing D&D's beloved dragons used and abused by wannabe heroes who couldn't fight their way out of a bag of holding?

Are you frustrated at the tendency of many DMs to portray dragons as weak and stupid and incompetent instead of being at the top of the fantasy food chain where they truly belong?

Do you get physically ill when someone mentions that his or her character has a full dragonhide ensemble, including armor, cloak, gloves, boots, and wide-brimmed hat (dragontooth hatpin optional)?

Then join B.A.D.D (Bothered About Disposable Dragons) today!

B.A.D.D. is devoted to educating DMs and players everywhere about the true glory that is dragonkind. Members will share dragon tactics and story hooks and generally work to improve the quality of life of the much maligned master monsters. We will also work to shorten the lives of any adventurers who seek out dragons for fun and profit and make their deaths truly the stuff of legend.

Joining is easy! Just proudly proclaim that you're Bothered About Disposable Dragons.

Put the Dragons back in Dungeons and Dragons!

Last edited:

Drew

Explorer
Dragons have been walked over by munchkin PCs.

Are you a B.A.D.D. enough dude to restore the dragon?

EOL

First Post
As I was trying to decide what sort of 3e campaign to run I was looking over the dragon stats. In most campaign worlds at on point Dragons ruled the world and as I looked over the stats I wondered why on earth don't they still rule the whole world. So I started my campaign on the premise that the dragons decided it was time to take over again. Since day one my characters have been on the run dreading even the mention of a dragon. They're average level 12 right no and so far they have managed to kill one juvenile white, and if they are careful they might kill a young adult red the next time we meet, but believe me I don't think anyone of these players will take dragons for granted ever again.

Sign me up!

Last edited:

Wolfspider

Explorer
Very good, very good. Spread the news, my disciples!

Dragons also ruled my prehistoric Wolrd of Greyhawk. I'm even thinking of running a campaign set in the prehistory, a kind of Lost World. Also, for obvious reasons, I'm very excited about the Dragonstar campaign setting. :D

Orco42

First Post
Drew said:
Dragons have been walked over by munchkin PCs.

Are you a B.A.D.D. enough dude to restore the dragon?

My players are munchkins, but I am more of one.

I will do my best to munchkin every dragon my players face (one should be enough to do them in). :D

Crothian

First Post
THis will look BADD for my PCs. We need a power play about Dragons. What rules can be abused to make the Dragon the unstoppible Creature of Legend he deserves to be?

Drew

Explorer
Fiendish vampire dragons anyone?

There's always the idea of having a hasted dragon fly in, snatch a PC in its jaws, and then flying up in the air as high as it can go.

The next round it uses its breath weapon on the PC (no reflex save as the poor guy can't dodge) and then drop him to the ground.

The dragon then flies around until his breath weapon recharges and repeats as necessary.

Last edited:

Donatello

Explorer
According to my email to you this morning, Wolfie, I am a staunch supporter!

The threads I've read on this board about parties of 3 people killing 3 dragons in 2 days sickens me! Let the Brotherhood of B.A.D.D. rise up!

It aint called Dungeons & Rangers...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads