• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Bottled Imp Games] Lords of the Night: Zombies.. out now!!

blobsticks

First Post
Press Release

THE LORDS OF THE NIGHT: ZOMBIES

Release Date: July 2004
ISBN: 0-9543735-9-6
Retail Price: $19.99
Product Line: Darkness Rises
Category: d20 Sourcebook
Pages: 96
Format: Perfect Bound
Author: Andrew Kenrick and Stuart Renton
Cover Artist: Jon Hodgson
Interior Artist: Scott Purdy, Thom Scott and John McSweeney

Zombies.jpg

Book three in the Darkness Rising series pays homage to the classic zombie movies of the past three decades! This stand alone book presents six different types of zombie in glorious, gory detail, complete with new and horrific zombie monsters, spells and mystical diseases, plus a highly detailed necromancer core class and prestige class advancement, and all the story and atmosphere you've come to expect from a Bottled Imp Games sourcebook.

Everything you need to put some bite back into your zombies is right here in this book.

What's The Lords of the Night: Zombies about?
The Lords of the Night: Zombies is a tribute to zombie movies everywhere, with a special 'Darkness Rising' slant to it. It's quite literally about zombies, but it's much more too. We've explored the creation methods behind the walking dead and there's an awful lot of cool necromantic content to this book. At its heart, this is a monster book.

How Much of this Book is Generic Content That I Can Use in My Game?
We learned a lot from Liches and the content in Zombies is very relaxed. You won't find anything that you can't easily and simply insert into your game, and while there's still a Darkness Rising back story, it's much more open ended - it ties the book together into a basic rationale behind why the Zombies exist but not much more.

Why Would I Want This Book?
If you love zombies, you'll love this book. We've taken the most popular zombie myths from popular television, books, games and movies, and translated them into a horrific gaming experience. Your players may look at zombies as the much overlooked creatures, relegated to the first level of dungeons controlled by weedy necromancers - but no more…

What's in Zombies?
This book is jam-packed with:

* Six new types of zombie complete with their own methods of creation. Use them as monsters, NPCs or even PCs in your game.

* Death is not the end… When a PC dies, they may return as a zombie, seeking revenge for their murder.

* Complete stats and background for a group of black adventurers; the seekers of those that would destroy evil.

* A zombie bloodline.

* The mysterious Manse: a haven for zombies and the seat of evil and terrifying setting for adventure.

* 10 new and original monsters.

* 3 unusual (and deadly) magical diseases.

* An exciting Necromancer core class, plus 3 accompanying prestige classes.

* 20 new and exciting necromancy spells.

* Hints and tips on putting the mystery back into your game (including a selection of the ever-popular scenario ideas). Notes on how to deal with slain PCs, resurrections and a whole lot more.

PLUS all the great artwork you've come to expect from a Bottled Imp Games release.

You'll never look at a zombie in quite the same way again.

Coming July 2004

CHECK OUT THE FIRST REVIEW ON ENWORLD!!

A preview gallery of some of (my) Scott Purdy's internal art can be found here.. Zombie Gallery

HERE you can see a flash one page promo comic of Zombies

AND HERE A ZOMBIES COMPETITION FOR ALL TO GET INVOLVED IN....... unless you're undead ;)

If you have any questions at all feel free to email Stuart at imp@bottledimpgames.com or post in this thread!

Thanks,
Scott

Last edited:

HellHound

ENnies winner and NOT Scrappy Doo
Damn Scott.

I loved your stuff when we started out in this industry around the same time...

And wow, you figured out how to improve from frickin' amazing! Love the stuff in the Zombie gallery.

blobsticks

First Post
HellHound said:
Damn Scott.

I loved your stuff when we started out in this industry around the same time...

And wow, you figured out how to improve from frickin' amazing! Love the stuff in the Zombie gallery.

Hey Jason!
I haven't spoken to you for ages, we should chat more, and thanks for the kind words!
But if you think my art is good, the 2 other artists did a fantastic job too... and the books written content is class!
Some of you out there who haven't checked out Bottled Imp Games before, should check this book out. This is the best out of all 3 books that BIG has published... and their other 2 books were in the top20 on Enworld the last time I looked.
Not bad for a small company from the UK :)

GO BUY THIS BOOK!!

lol

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads