• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Bounding Assault + Tempest Two-Weapon Spring Attack

Feldspar

Explorer
My search-fu may be weak, but I haven't found an answer, official or popular consensus, to this issue: how do the feats Bounding Assault and Rapid Blitz (PHB2 pages 75 and 82) interact with the Tempest class ability Two-Weapon Spring Attack (Complete Adventurer page 82).

The class ability lets the character attack with both weapons when making attacks during a spring attack; the feats give extra attacks during a spring attack at -5 and -10 to hit. Should the character also get extra offhand attacks on the -5 and -10 to hit attacks?

<edited for late night idiocy: Tempest not Dervish>

Last edited:

blargney the second

blargney the minute's son
You mean Tempest, rather than Dervish, right?

Short answer: Nope. Although maybe if you sweet talk your DM he'll let it fly.

Long Answer: It looks Tempest TWSA does mesh with Bounding Assault to get you one attack with each weapon at highest BAB and one with primary at -5, for three attacks total. Neither ability references giving iteratives to the offhand weapon during a Spring Attack though.

Last edited:

akbearfoot

First Post
I'll second what Blarney said. Looks like 1 extra from bounding....but no extra iteratives...you're still not takign a full attack action.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads