• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Boundless endurance in a fistfight!

Scarface6174

First Post
So last night was a great game! we escaped from an ice prison, evaded the goblin horde coming after us (skill challenge) AND killed the young white dragon on the ice bridge. So after all that we get to Fallcrest and find out a few things about our quest. We all split up and do our own things. The wizard visits a wizard, the cleric helps put up a door in a church and I document the dwarven population (it's his thing)

And I then hear about a dwarf named Barstrom. Me being the friendly dwarf I am I go down to the docks and talk to him. On the way I find out that he's running a racket "protecting" goods. I ask him about it and then he starts insulting my family.

That's the wrong thing to do to ANY dwarf. Sikan Chin is now pissed and a fistfight ensues.

Little did I know how hard the @#%@# hits. Luckily I had jst gotten to 2nd lvl and took boundless endurance. he actually got me down to 9HP at one point early on in the fight but he missed me a few rounds in a row and I was back up at 23 HP.

In a 1v1 fistfight, It's really hard (read almost impossible) to take down a dwarf with boundless endurance. Heck, even his special power didn't affect me cause I couldn't be slid and I saved vs prone. his 1D6+4 damage each hit just didn't do enough to me before I got him with my 1D4+3 took him down.

*Note* This was supposed to be a fight with the whole party against his crew so we could use our weapons, but when we all split up, things changed. Nobody thought that boundless endurance was that cool. But it was. And I got 200 xp from it. Now everyone is trying to play catch up so I don't level before they do! RP it well and you shall gain XP!

Scarface6174

First Post
Free healing is AWESOME! BBEG battle coming? Activate that sucker at the beginning of the encounter and BRING THE PAIN! My I was bloodied at 18HP and I ended up there a few times after the dwarf hit me. Remember, if you're still bloodied you still get HP. So you can heal yourself above bloodied, but not again until you're bloodied. I have a feeling that a fighter will hover there around bloodied for a good while.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads