• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Bounty of the Endless Sands

Rystil Arden

First Post
B4cchus said:
Findoram doesn't have a tent. He does have a winter blanket and endure elements, which should do.
(OOC: Endure Elements will do for sure--it is in fact so effective that just sitting out there in the heat with the spell up gives you as much protection as taking cover in the tent. You are perfectly fine. I can't say the same for the others ;))

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Alright then--here goes!)

*The heat begins to become intense enough that everyone except Findoram periodically take heat damage hourly that can't be removed except by waiting for it to cool down at night. This is bearable, if annoying, but it isn't long before highsun enters unbearable levels of heat, with more intense damage occurring every ten minutes--if they don't do something quickly, someone could collapse from the heat before it is over!*

(OOC: No tents, so what to do?)

BigB

First Post
Rhys

I suggest we rest through the hottest parts of the day, finding what shelter we can, and travel through the night. I have a 3 sq yard sheet of canvas that can be staked down for shade from the sun, although I am not sure how many will fit under this. We obviously will not last travelling in the hottest part of the day.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Irene has a small tent--so that can hold just herself, since a normal tent holds at most two, and Rhys's canvas is small enough that after making an effective shade, it would only cover Rhys himself. Findoram is fine, even if he dances a jig in his armour in the worst heat. Bran is gone. Does that only leave Eskon and Vrina?)

B4cchus

Explorer
Perhaps we can combine the canvas and he tent to make a shelter of some kind which is open on 3 or 4 sides, but provides cover against the sun. Along with some ropes, poles, etc that should be doable.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: The canvas is rather negligible--at 3x3, a tall person could make a bigger cover out of a destroyed shirt. I also don't recall that anyone bought a pole?)

B4cchus

Explorer
The way i see it, we could tie all tents, canvas, blankets, etc together to create a big 'tarp'. (the canvas would be 3x1 yards, being 3 sq. yards). Then we could use Eskon's greatsword and Findoram's waraxe (any other big weapons/poles present?), stuck in the sand, to keep the tarp up at one side, thus creating a shelter.

Remove ads