Bounty of the Endless Sands

BigB

First Post
Venus said:
"We're damn lucky this guy is such a faithful guy, granting us quite a hefty loan." she says as they calculate how much money is required to pay for two more horses, but she doesn't really show much interest in that, as her mind drifts away into the desert, as she tries to imagine what they'll encounter there.

Rhys reflects on Irene's statement and comments This all seems too easy... A bag og gold left out for us to take what we want. I could be a little skeptic but I wish to be a little careful here. Do not take more than needed. Let us hope this is a simple borrow money and pay it back with no surprises, dealing.

Animus

Explorer
Bran Olvant

"While I do agree this all seems to be suspicious, I think we have nothing to worry about," he says. "Besides, we can handle and trap they try to spring. We're heroes, remember," he says with a winning smile on his face.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: I'll assume you guys took the 326, then, instead of paying for some out of your own money? That's fine, I just need to know for bookkeeping purposes. Ah, bookkeeping--it has three consecutive double-letters)

*The group is easily able to obtain two light warhorses with the money they retrieve from the gold in the merchant's home. Bret leads them to the stables of the Red Dragon Inn, where his three light horses are munching on oats and resting from their long ride.*

(OOC: Let me know how you're arranging to keep Eskon's horse under the weight limit. As far as I can tell, this requires you to have someone else carry his armour, and he can keep the rest of his gear. I'll just want a 'yes' on that so that when I make him retrieve and put on his armour, everyone will remember that we said someone else was carrying it ;))

B4cchus

Explorer
We took the 326 as far as findoram is concerned. If we put our lives on the line for this lady he has no problem taking that sum as a loan.

Findoram bought some trail rations.

Gurdjieff

First Post
(OoC: Irene has rations for 4 days, and will buy rations for 12 more days (60sp, 3lb). She'll pack her 4 days worth of horsefeed on her horse as well, and buy feed for 2 more days (10cp, 20lb). The feed will only be used if the horses can't graze anywhere.

Turns in to 16x Rations [Small] (4lb) and 6x Feed (60lb), 6gp 3sp 5cp
That should keep her horse just in light load with the suit of armor added.)

BigB

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
(OOC: Are you going to buy food? If you forage, you'll move at a snail's pace)

(ooc: I am afraid 7 days rations and 7days feed for the horse puts me over the weight for unencumbered travel.)

Rhys purchases 6 days rations (already had 1 to make 7) and 5 days feed for the horse.

Talking to the horse- This will be a long difficult journey but I know you can do it. There is a little girl counting on you.

Rhys then turns to the group: Are any of you capable of creating food and water through your deity or magical means? This would help tremendously.

Lot

First Post
Eskon looks over his supplies and his current gold situation, trying to figure out how best to finance this trip. As Rhys passes him the gold, he takes it politely.

"Thank you. This is merely a loan, for the honor is all mine in travelling with you. I do appreciate the gesture, though."

((OOC: Eskon has 72 gold and is looking to sell his potion of jump to finance the horse. Let me know how possible that can be at such short notice.))

Remove ads