• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[BoVD] Soul Eater Question

Arcturus_Rugend

First Post
The Soul Eater PrC from BoVD has the (Su) ability to drain one or more levels with a touch. Does this include any touch attack such as that with each attack from a natural weapon or is it only usable once per round?

shilsen

Adventurer
I don't have the book, so I'm not sure how helpful this is, but it's probably usable 1/rd. The vampire for example, which drains levels with a slam attack, can only do so once a round. This was clarified in the FAQ, IIRC. So possibly the Soul Eater's ability is similar.

kreynolds

First Post
shilsen said:
I don't have the book, so I'm not sure how helpful this is, but it's probably usable 1/rd. The vampire for example, which drains levels with a slam attack, can only do so once a round. This was clarified in the FAQ, IIRC. So possibly the Soul Eater's ability is similar.

Actually, the vampire can drain levels only once per action (once with a standard action attack or once with a full attack action). If hasted, the vampire can drain levels twice in a single round, such as with a full-attack and an additional attack from the partial action.

shilsen

Adventurer
kreynolds said:
Actually, the vampire can drain levels only once per action (once with a standard action attack or once with a full attack action). If hasted, the vampire can drain levels twice in a single round, such as with a full-attack and an additional attack from the partial action.

Right. Should have said "action" instead of "round". Thanks.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads