• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Boy, Does It Ever Suck Not Getting Paid!

Strangely enough, a company with strong ties to the gaming community. A company that seems to be on the up and up in every possible way, as I can't find evidence of such negligence anywhere else. I alone seem to be their whipping boy, balancing out all of their good karma as their one closet misdeed. I've looked for other misconduct on their part. Many times in fact, but found none, which makes the situation that much more perplexing. Thus my reticence to name them.

John Cooper

Explorer
Well, let's hope that your posts here prompt the company in question to contact you about the payment they owe you. It worked for me with Dog Soul Publishing - the contact part, if not the payment part (although I did get $60.00 thus far of the $180.00 that I was owed) - as pretty much every time I posted in this thread, I at least got an email response from Sean.

Maybe you could forward the link to this thread to the company that owes you money and see if the possibility of being named as a "payment shirker" might not prompt them to pay you what you're owed?

Stormborn

Explorer
EDIT THE SECOND: Got it all sorted out, nevertheless this thread made it clear that the publisher wasn't getting my e-mail and I wasn't getting his.

Last edited:

Well, let's hope that your posts here prompt the company in question to contact you about the payment they owe you.

I'm not holding out hope of that. The company in question posts here regularly and on the other forum where I posted the horrible experience. I even took the opportunity to remind the owner of the company by dropping a not so subtle reminder about not getting a check into one of his threads. I was reported to the moderators for my troubles.

Greg K

Legend
I can sympathize with those people not getting paid. While I was paid for the one rpg book I illustrated, I am still owed just over $2000 for a storyboard- and, I'll never see the money as the producer has spent the last 5 years in jail for running drugs through his production company.

I'm not holding out hope of that. The company in question posts here regularly and on the other forum where I posted the horrible experience. I even took the opportunity to remind the owner of the company by dropping a not so subtle reminder about not getting a check into one of his threads. I was reported to the moderators for my troubles.

Then maybe you do need to actually start naming names...

Remove ads