• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Boy, Does It Ever Suck Not Getting Paid!

GMSkarka

Explorer
I even took the opportunity to remind the owner of the company by dropping a not so subtle reminder about not getting a check into one of his threads. I was reported to the moderators for my troubles.

Might've helped if you used your real name, you know.

I reported that, because I had no idea who "The Gamer Market" was, and your sig linked to a personal attack.

Communication kinda requires identification for it to actually work --- not to mention the fact that you haven't responded to any email I've sent you since about August....

GMSkarka

Explorer
A general announcement:

Anyone who has not heard from me in a while -- please send an email to gmskarkaATsbcglobalDOTnet (my home address).

I've had two people now who were getting blocked at the ISP level on my adamantentertainment.com domain, both incoming and outgoing (and yes, I've got a ticket in with the hosting company).

Might've helped if you used your real name, you know.

I reported that, because I had no idea who "The Gamer Market" was, and your sig linked to a personal attack.

Communication kinda requires identification for it to actually work --- not to mention the fact that you haven't responded to any email I've sent you since about August....

Ambiguity seemed the gentler course, considering the subject matter and the public here, but as you've decided to step into the limelight I shall answer your questions.

I interviewed you on the Gamer Market. I was hired through the same 'Gamer Market' by your associate who sent me the following PM on the RPGnet. You had her contact me there as stated in the following message...

"Hey there--

This is Laura with Adamant Entertainment. Gareth-Michael Skarka told me to check out some art that you did, and had posted here on RPGnet:

http://www.xmission.com/~steev/pictu.../AnijahRGB.jpg

Adamant is looking for artists for our upcoming line of adventures for Green Ronin's MUTANTS & MASTERMINDS superhero RPG, and Gareth thought you'd be a good artist to contact.

If you're interested, email submissions@adamantentertainment.com, or just email Gareth directly at gms@a....com.

Thanks, and sorry for the unsolicited PM."

In addition to this, you and I also talked about it in our first emails when you hired me, wherein you stated that you missed the RPGnet and where you commented on the interviews.

As for the blog listed in my sig, I found that in April while hunting in vain for a phone number at Adamant Entertainment. As it was one of the few articles I've read to paint you in a bad light, it certainly reflected my mood at the time, so I placed it in my signature and forgot about it.

The last email I received from you was in August stating that you sent the check uncertified. It never arrived.

-William

GMSkarka

Explorer
I'll completely cop to forgetting that you were "The Gamer Market" at RPGnet. It was a while ago.

I apologize for handling this so badly -- hopefully you now have my email reply.

GMSkarka

Explorer
Update: Entirely my fault.

My host just got back to me -- apparently, they added a filter program (Maia Mailguard) to my mail hosting -- which was default set to high, and was screwing around with incoming and outgoing emails on some addresses.

They had sent a notification about it, and I had missed it -- so the email screw-ups were entirely my fault.

I apologize to anyone who got caught up in my stupidity. Everything should be set now, so feel free to contact me via any available address.

John Cooper

Explorer
In the interest of "going public" with the good as well as the bad, I just wanted to let everyone know that I received a money order in the mail today for $120.00 from Sean Frolich and Deborah Balsam of Dog Soul Publishing. It took them a year and a half, but they finally paid me what they owed me.

joela

First Post
willing to open wallet

In the interest of "going public" with the good as well as the bad, I just wanted to let everyone know that I received a money order in the mail today for $120.00 from Sean Frolich and Deborah Balsam of Dog Soul Publishing. It took them a year and a half, but they finally paid me what they owed me.

Thanks for the update, John. I will now look at their material again.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
John, I'm glad you finally received what you were owed. I just wish it hadn't taken so much time, effort, and aggravation on your part to get it (I also wish we could get the rest of the CCCC, but you being paid is the most important thing).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads