• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Boy, Does It Ever Suck Not Getting Paid!

Starglim

Explorer
Good to know. The time I might have had a particular use for some of their work has passed, but I'll be glad to pick up some new items.

Today marks the three year anniversary since Gareth-Michael Skarka accepted the artwork that I created for one of his M&M Superlink publications at Adamant Entertainment. Three years have come and gone and I have never been paid.

I did. Gareth promised a payment in June. When it didn't arrive by July I approached him about it and he said that he had sent it and he was waiting for it to be cashed or returned. It never arrived. Nor did it arrive in August. By September and October he blamed a wrong address and then an email issue and offered to mail me a check again. Nothing came after the fifteenth of October (the 15th being the day his company cuts checks and pays out royalties by Paypal) and he assured me that I would see a check before the end of the month. It is now the fourth, almost the fifth of November.

Three years. No check. I believe that I have been as patient as anyone might be expected to be at this point.

joela

First Post
Adamant following Dog Soul

I did. Gareth promised a payment in June. When it didn't arrive by July I approached him about it and he said that he had sent it and he was waiting for it to be cashed or returned. It never arrived. Nor did it arrive in August. By September and October he blamed a wrong address and then an email issue and offered to mail me a check again. Nothing came after the fifteenth of October (the 15th being the day his company cuts checks and pays out royalties by Paypal) and he assured me that I would see a check before the end of the month. It is now the fourth, almost the fifth of November.

Three years. No check. I believe that I have been as patient as anyone might be expected to be at this point.

Thanks for the update. *Puts "Do Not Recommend" next to Adamant*

GMSkarka

Explorer

You have indeed.

Sadly, Adamant simply does not have the money right now. I had expected the traditional 4th quarter upswing in sales to allow me to make good on your balance (and, to be completely forthcoming, the balance on 3 other freelancers).

Unfortunately, October's sales were 40% less than this time last year.

We've lost nearly half of our income. Things are that bad.

I'm working as hard as I'm able to turn this around. Everyone *will* be paid.

On a side note -- Adamant is one of the top PDF publishers out there, and the current economy has hit us hard. I'm positive that others have been hit as well. If you've got a favorite publisher, try throwing a few extra sales their way -- I'm sure they could really, really use it.

HalWhitewyrm

First Post
On a side note -- Adamant is one of the top PDF publishers out there, and the current economy has hit us hard. I'm positive that others have been hit as well. If you've got a favorite publisher, try throwing a few extra sales their way -- I'm sure they could really, really use it.
Quoted for truth on every single point.

Pinotage

Explorer
Sadly, Adamant simply does not have the money right now.

Unfortunately, October's sales were 40% less than this time last year.

We've lost nearly half of our income. Things are that bad.

Wow! Didn't really things were so bad for you guys. Very sorry to hear that. ?I'll start spreading a few dollars around to help out.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads