• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

BOYCOTT of Wotc miniatures

Ahrimon

Bourbon and Dice
It doesn't seem too off for me. I've only purchased three DragonEye boosters so far, but I've pulled three different rares.

Here's a good test. There are 20 rares in DragonEye right? And 16 boosters to a case. Roll a d20 16 times and write down the results. You're going to get duplicates. When you start talking about purchasing large volumes of boosters then you can expect an even distrabution. But with any smaller sampling your going to see different results.

It sucks. Between a coworker and myself we've purchased about 35 Harbiger boosters an are still missing 9 rares. At least the packs don't contain the same commons. That would blow.

Ahrimon

Bagpuss

Legend
Ahrimon said:
It sucks. Between a coworker and myself we've purchased about 35 Harbiger boosters an are still missing 9 rares. At least the packs don't contain the same commons. That would blow.

Ahrimon

But they do... for example 16 boosters, 14 Dwarf Barbarians, a number of boosters had exactly the same mix of commons, or the same mix of uncommons.

Taelorn76

First Post
Jehosephat said:
Well, then, I guess I just haven't gotten good enough to tell yet. You see, it hasn't helped me get one single mini I wanted. C'est la vie.

First booster I bought I got a Red Dragon and I picked that box because it was heavier than the others.

Jehosephat

First Post
Taelorn76 said:
First booster I bought I got a Red Dragon and I picked that box because it was heavier than the others.

I'll have to remember that. In this instance it didn't make too much difference because I ended up buying all the store had eventually anyway.

Remove ads