• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Bracers of Armor

Juomari Veren

Adventurer
You can't wear any armor and Bracers at once, right? I definitely know you can't wear any metal armor and the bracers, but the ruling on it can also depend on the content of the armor itself(as per the description of the armor in the PH), as any armor that doesn't come with bracers or gauntlets even could use bracers in some cases.

Griego

First Post
However, bracers will count against incorporeal touch attacks, if I'm not mistaken. So if you fight a lot of ghosties it's not a completely bad idea to wear both.

Jack Simth

First Post
You can't wear any armor and Bracers at once, right? I definitely know you can't wear any metal armor and the bracers, but the ruling on it can also depend on the content of the armor itself(as per the description of the armor in the PH), as any armor that doesn't come with bracers or gauntlets even could use bracers in some cases.
You can wear both, but they don't stack. There's two reasonably-common reasons for wearing both:

1) Incorporeal touch attacks. Bracers of Armor apply, regular armor doesn't... but regular armor is much less expensive.
2) Bonus stacking. Bracers of Armor + 8 cost 64,000, and give a +8 Armor bonus to AC. You can then get +1 Padded armor with all your favorite +X Equivalent effects on it (Heavy Fortification, Death Ward, Soulfire, Invulnerability, whatever), while still keeping your Dex to AC (up to +8, and there's ways to get that higher), and sometimes save money overall.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads