• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Bracers

emanresu

First Post
I initially was just going to ask the question "How much would it cost to have Bracers of murder combined with my +3 bracers of armor. Then I thought there has got to be a lot of bracers in the Dnd world, is there a link? a guide or handbook of all things bracers? Do you have different takes, combos, have you made some unique bracers?

eman

delericho

Legend
The sidebar on p.282 of the DMG has the answer to this: for items with multiple different abilities that take up a single slot on the body (as in your bracers), you should add the two costs together and then add a further 50%.

So, your combined bracers of armour +3 (9,000gp) and bracers of murder (8,000gp) would cost a total of 25,500gp ((9,000 + 8,000) x 1.5).

emanresu

First Post
thanks, Im bookless for the weekend. Ok so the cost to make is that amount, or is that the retail price? Reason I ask is our party has the metamagic feats to make said items. 2nd how could I lower the cost? 25k is to much coin. Alignment restrictions?

eman

rgard

Adventurer
The sidebar on p.282 of the DMG has the answer to this: for items with multiple different abilities that take up a single slot on the body (as in your bracers), you should add the two costs together and then add a further 50%.

So, your combined bracers of armour +3 (9,000gp) and bracers of murder (8,000gp) would cost a total of 25,500gp ((9,000 + 8,000) x 1.5).

I think the 1.5 is multiplied against the cost of the second item, not the sum of costs for both items?

"If the item is one that occupies a specific place on a character’s body the cost of adding any additional ability to that item increases by 50%. For example, if a character adds the power to confer invisibility to her ring of protection +2, the cost of adding this ability is the same as for creating a ring of invisibility multiplied by 1.5."

delericho

Legend
I think the 1.5 is multiplied against the cost of the second item, not the sum of costs for both items?

"If the item is one that occupies a specific place on a character’s body the cost of adding any additional ability to that item increases by 50%. For example, if a character adds the power to confer invisibility to her ring of protection +2, the cost of adding this ability is the same as for creating a ring of invisibility multiplied by 1.5."

Oops, yes. I misread. So, that would be 21,000gp for the combined bracers. (That being the "market price" - the cost to make would be 10,500gp plus 840XP.)

sheadunne

Explorer
From the Magic Item Compendium.

In most cases, if the item is one that occupies a body slot, the cost of adding any additional ability to that item is 1-1/2 times the value of the added power (or the value of the added power plus 1/2 the value of the existing item, if the added power normally costs more than the existing item). For example, if a character adds the power to confer feather fall to her ring of jumping, the cost of adding this ability is 3,300 gp, the same as for creating a ring of feather falling × 1-1/2. On the other hand, if she were adding the power of a ring of force shield to that ring of jumping, the cost of adding the ability would be 9,750 gp (8,500 gp for the ring of force shield plus half of 2,500 gp, the price of a ring of jumping).

If I read this correctly, it's

Higher Priced Item + (Lower Priced Item X 1.5) = Total Cost of New Item.

If you already have Bracers of Armor +3, the cost of adding Bracers of Murder would be (12,000 gp or 6,000 to craft).

Last edited:

the Jester

Legend
Please note that those pricing guidelines are just that: guidelines. Your dm may or may not allow you to make such an item at all; check with him or her.

Remove ads