• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Brainstorming: Korgoth of Barbaria Setting

Vyvyan Basterd

Adventurer
I saw the pilot of Korgoth of Barbaria on Cartoon Network and I just HAVE to run a campaign in this world! I don't know if I'm still in shock that such an AWESOME show was made, but I'm stuck for ideas. I know some of what I would like to accomplish:

1) The excessive carnage. I would like the players to be the cause, not the victims.
2) The humor.
3) The real world fallen into savagry.

Any ideas for setting a campaign in the world presented in this show?

And if you haven't seen it - GO FIND IT!!!!!!!!! A must see for every gamer.

w_earle_wheeler

First Post
I would suggest taking Jack Vance's "The Dying Earth" and Robert E. Howard's "Conan" and turning them up to eleven, while using "Knights of the Dinner Table" and the HackMaster RPG as a guide for over-the-top fantasy genre parody.

Both worlds have RPGs based on them. You could add in the Warhammer FRP critical hit charts, or maybe the detailed criticals from HackMaster.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Woo-hoo, more Korgoth fans! (check my sig) :D

I'd love to see a high-level feat to emulate the "topknot flensing". :p

Nyaricus

First Post
Hmmm, I had never heard of this before, but I found Episode 1 parts 1, 2 and 3 on YouTube, and thought it was pretty good, all-in-all.

Here's Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3. PLease note that this ISN"T Grandma friendly AT ALL. Other than that, have at it :D

cheers,
--N

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads