Break of Dawn [Manzanita judging] COMPLETED

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Oops, I was looking at Heavy Horse's (or perhaps Light Warhorse's, not sure) Strength when I said bumping up to 17 would allow it to carry her :eek: Wow, I'm impressed that everyone can fit on a Light Horse (carrying capacity 150 pounds). Does nobody else have Chain Shirt or heavier? I guess perhaps not with a Monk, a Druid who just upgraded things to lighter Darkwood, a Psion, and a Rogue :lol:

The cheapest choice that outfits Aletheia would be a Light Warhorse (and faster than the Heavy Horse too, so don't ask me why the Light Warhorse is cheaper) )

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
OOC: Now that you mention it, Quarion is 156.5 pounds total. But I think that an extra point on his horse's strength should cover it.

Quarion will also spend 50gp on a potion of CLW.

Cash on hand is now 27 Crowns, 10 Shields and 8 Pennies.

[sblock=SRD Question]
SRD said:
Quadrupeds can carry heavier loads than characters can. Instead of the multipliers given above, multiply the value corresponding to the creature’s Strength score from Table: Carrying Capacity by the appropriate modifier, as follows: Fine ×¼, Diminutive ×½, Tiny ×¾, Small ×1, Medium ×1½, Large ×3, Huge ×6, Gargantuan ×12, Colossal ×24.
SRD said:
STR 14, 58 lbs. or less = light load

Light horses are large quadrupeds with 14 STR, correct? So why is their light load only 150 lbs., instead of 174 lbs. (58*3)??[/sblock]

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: That's a good question. Mayhaps the saddle and/or saddlebag is already included? I know I didn't count a saddle or saddlebags in my weight count, and you probably didn't either)

(OOC2: Aletheia suggests that Quarion lend the potion to someone who can't use the wand and doesn't have a potion on them, for fastest possible revive-the-healers action (saves them the time of rooting through your body)

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
OOC: Ah, you're right, riding saddle is 25 lbs., which reduces the load to 149 lbs., which is close enough. Quarion will need a slightly stronger light horse, then.

Quarion pulls a small vial from his pocket. He taps Mordik on the shoulder and asks, "Mordik, would you hold onto this for me? If both Aletheia and I fall, you can use it to heal one of us." He pauses and then adds, "It is a good thing we worked out our differences, as it seems we will be journeying together for a time. I look forward to seeing you in combat."

NakuruSai

First Post
Rae ArdGaoth said:
OOC: Ah, you're right, riding saddle is 25 lbs., which reduces the load to 149 lbs., which is close enough. Quarion will need a slightly stronger light horse, then.

Quarion pulls a small vial from his pocket. He taps Mordik on the shoulder and asks, "Mordik, would you hold onto this for me? If both Aletheia and I fall, you can use it to heal one of us." He pauses and then adds, "It is a good thing we worked out our differences, as it seems we will be journeying together for a time. I look forward to seeing you in combat."

[sblock=ooc]My apologies that I've been the weekend without contributing guys. I'd like to buy a CMW and a CLW - 350g spent in total the last week for those. I'll also put down 200g for the wand if there's a need for it, with the assumption that I'll be paid back the 200 as soon as we meet our benefactor in this arrangement. GP dropped to 437 on Csheet, added CMW pot, CLW pot.[/sblock]

You dun need to worry about the weight on the horses. I can hold some for you if there's a need. Mordik pats his backpack and winks.

To Quarion he chuckles lightly, Let's hope our enemies don't have the pleasure of seeing me in combat. When offered the potion he adds, You can hold the potion in case there's a need for it. I have a couple I can use if one of our healers drop...

jkason

First Post
Eanos, human monk

(OOC: Since we were only really using the horses as transport to the mansion, I didn't even worry about it. Fact is, I have Eanos weighing in at 200lbs. all on his own, without gear. Do we need to have our mounts with no more than a light load on them? We won't get quite as far in a day if they're medium-loaded, but surely they're still faster than walking?)

Rystil Arden

First Post
jkason said:
(OOC: Since we were only really using the horses as transport to the mansion, I didn't even worry about it. Fact is, I have Eanos weighing in at 200lbs. all on his own, without gear. Do we need to have our mounts with no more than a light load on them? We won't get quite as far in a day if they're medium-loaded, but surely they're still faster than walking?)
(OOC: Actually, not for Eanos ;))

B4cchus

Explorer
ooc: ok folks, i'm back! Light warhorses are fine, so you can all note down you have one of those. The mounts won't be used for just the transport to the mansion.
I'll continue the adventure tomorrow. Is everybody done buying?

Remove ads