Breathing in airless environment

Jaxom

First Post
I'm running a party of characters who vary in level from 15 to 17. In the last session they realized they're about to go into the Positive Energy Plane. In the Manual of the Planes it states that the Positive Energy Plane has no air so the characters won't be able to breath.

What magical items or spells are the going to need to make the trip there a little safer?

Mr Fidgit

First Post
bottle of air (14500 gp), necklace of adaptation (19000 gp), iridescent spindle Ioun stone (sustains without air - 15000 gp) all from the DMG

i can't think of any spells that might work (Shapechange into something that doesn't breathe? - i know that's a stretch...)

Last edited:

Mr Fidgit

First Post
the MotP has a spell called Attune Form (pg 33) which acts as an Avoid Planar Effects spell which says, "you gain a temporary respite from the natural effects of a specific plane..." which includes lack of air --and its Clr 3, Drd 3, Sor/Wiz 4, so it shouldn't be too tough for your players to learn

Jaxom

First Post
You're pretty quick on finding solutions to little problems Fidget. I get pretty good answers from you in my posts, thanks. :)

Remove ads