[Broken Links!] Campaign Smashers III: The Stuff That Completely Breaks the Game (ancientdragon)

Endarire

First Post
Originally posted by ancientdragon:

[SIZE=+3]Campaign Smashers[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]The Stuff that Completely Breaks the Game[/SIZE]
Started by LordofProcrastination, prosecuted by Gideon Gideonson
[SIZE=-1]Previous thread found HERE[/SIZE]

Disclaimer:Intentionally ruining a game is an immature and selfish thing to do. The builds posted in this thread are not meant to be played.

Methodology: Campaign Smashers will provide an index of major combos ever appeared on the CO boards.

Aim: Our aim in creating this thread is to have a confortable index of the builds that everyone should read and/or know. Many of them got lost after the TO board capitolation: we hope that our kind users will help us to rescue them.

Criteria: As the time passes, more and more combos are discovered, so we need to say something clearly:
A campaign Smasher is not a powerful or optimized build: it is a combo that leads to one or more infinites values

Furthermore, as Gideon Gideonson did, as many tricks are so powerful that may destroy a game even without infinite values, there'll be a section named "Semi-Smashers" dedicated to all that powerful tricks that need to be remembered.

Credit: By saying all this, I need to say who is the founder of this thread: all its merit goes, in fact, to our beloved LordofProcrastination to have found this thread, and then to Gideon Gideonson because he keeped it alive for a long time.

Format: Divided by level-availability and then alphabetically.

• [SIZE=+1]Title of Combo:[/SIZE] Executive summary of the combo.
    Thread - Author
    [sblock]
    Full author's relevant post
    [/sblock]

Available By Levels 1-10

• [SIZE=+1]Bestow Power:[/SIZE] Discounted manifesting repeated for unlimited power points.
  • [SIZE=+1]Consumptive Field:[/SIZE] Repeated overlapping castings of consumptive field, sometimes accompanied by a dual-caster-level-progression combo, can lead to limitless Str and CL.
  • [SIZE=+1]Dragonwrought Kobold Oldies:[/SIZE] Kobolds with the Dragonwrought feat qualify for Epic Feats at low low level.
  • [SIZE=+1]Electroshock Therapy:[/SIZE]Changing shape into a Shambling Mound or Zeugalak and hitting oneself with a repeated source of electrical damage to produce limitless Constitution or Dexterity. Converted by other traits into outrageous bonuses elsewhere.
  • [SIZE=+1]Energy Transformation Field:[/SIZE] A permanent spell which can produce limitless single-spell outputs in a specific location.
  • [SIZE=+1]Festering Strength:[/SIZE] Festering Anger disease + Cancer Mage (or some other mitigation factor) to produce limitless Strength.
  • [SIZE=+1]Fire Breathing:[/SIZE] Trought flyby attack, a dragonwrought can deal infinite damage at level 1.
  • [SIZE=+1]The Ghola Character:[/SIZE] An attempt to equal the grandeur of Pun-Pun while abstaining from manipulate form.
  • [SIZE=+1]Limitless Spells per Day:[/SIZE] The Wand Surge feat and combos for giving renewable action points results in a free spell castable every round in a day.
  • [SIZE=+1]Make a Wish:[/SIZE] The Gate clause of the Candle of Invocation leads to wish-related hi-jinks. And by hi-jinks, we mean infinite wishes.
  • [SIZE=+1]Nasty Gentlemen:[/SIZE] Symbionts used to multiply the effects of spells up to thousands of times over.
  • [SIZE=+1]Perpetual Damage Machine:[/SIZE] A damage feedback loop which produces infinite bonuses to attacks, skills, and saves.
  • [SIZE=+1]Pun Pun:[/SIZE] Use of the Sarruhk's Manipulate Form ability to acquire all capabilities in the game.
  • [SIZE=+1]The Savant Priest[/SIZE]: Multiple tricks leading to a Pun-Pun like result at level 3.
  • [SIZE=+1]The Synchronicity Shuffle:[/SIZE] Using the synchronicity power in conjunction with Psycrystal Containment and an infinite source of power points leads to an infinite-action loop.
  • [SIZE=+1]Tainted Spellcasting:[/SIZE] Undead and evil-subtype characters are immune to the negative effects of Taint, which can be used in the Tainted Scholar prestige class to gain an unlimited virtual spellcasting ability.
  • [SIZE=+1]Templates for Free:[/SIZE] By either using Effigies, the tauric template or lycanthropy, it is possible to stack up a massive amount of templates for minimal LA investment.

Available By Levels 11-20

• [SIZE=+1]The 1d2 Crusader:[/SIZE] Infinite damage by maxing damage on every roll thus activating Aura of Chaos with every roll.
  • [SIZE=+1]Charge-Specialization:[/SIZE] Charge-related damage multiplication effects can be combined, outputting thousands of damage in a single round.
  • [SIZE=+1]Component-Free Wishing:[/SIZE] Combos like the Cheater of Mystra and the Dupe Tricks can provide for the repeated casting of Wish with no costly XP investment.
    • Awaiting Write-up or Link (AWOL)
  • [SIZE=+1]Dupe Tricks:[/SIZE] A variety of combinations can allow a character to create multiple duplicates of him/herself.
  • [SIZE=+1]Emancipated Spawn Reincarnation:[/SIZE] The Emancipated Spawn prestige class along with modes of Xp loss and retrieval enable adding up many lifetimes of experience into a single character.
  • [SIZE=+1]Forever Monty:[/SIZE] Manipulate time to become invincible.
  • [SIZE=+1]The H.I.V.E:[/SIZE] Verminlord's hivemind ability mixed with summoning swarms of creatures to add to the character's incredible spellcasting capabilities.
  • [SIZE=+1]Hulking Hurler:[/SIZE] The weight-based improvised-weapon damage chart combined with geometrically advancing lifting load corresponding to strength results in outrageous damage.
  • [SIZE=+1]Ice Assassin:[/SIZE] When combined with a method of removing material components, the ice assassin spell can replicate any creature/god/character for you.
  • [SIZE=+1]The Jovoc Generator:[/SIZE] An endless cycle of damage, graciously distributed to everyone nearby courtesy of the Jovocian Aura of Retribution.
  • [SIZE=+1]Multi-Evolved Undead:[/SIZE] Undead control followed by hyper-aging to accrue stacking applications of the Evolved Undead template for a super-minion.
  • [SIZE=+1]Nanobots:[/SIZE] Uses hundreds or thousands of helpers to produce skill, attack, and AC bonuses ranging from the hundreds to the hundreds of thousands.
  • [SIZE=+1]True Creation Economics:[/SIZE] A repeat-use command item of True Creation can effectively produce limitless quantities of valuable goods, exchangeable for gold.
  • [SIZE=+1]Wish/Word:[/SIZE] Two builds which mis/ab/re-use the wording of the Wish spell and the Holy Word/Blasphemy set of spells.

Available In Epic Play

• [SIZE=+1]Epic Verminlord:[/SIZE] Combination of the Verminlord's hivemind ability and Epic Leadership for a humongous hivemind.
  • [SIZE=+1]Epic Spells with Follower Mitigation:[/SIZE] Epic leadership garners hundred or thousands of followers, who can each contribute spells in the ritual casting of a created epic spell, reducing the price of the spell and enabling massive epic-seed combinations into a single power spell of negligible cost.
    • Awaiting Write-up or Link (AWOL)
  • [SIZE=+1]Permanent Emanation:[/SIZE] Learn an immensely powerful and nearly uncastable Epic Spell, then take Permanent Emanation for fun and profit.

Semi-Smashers: This section is reserved for the assorted combinations and builds which can seriously tip the balance of a game in non-optimized play and give even CO-wary DMs and fellow players a chance to gape in awe. However, these "Semi-Smashers" are less likely to immediately and irrevocably render a campaign unplayable.

Semi-Smashers

• [SIZE=+1]Behold!:[/SIZE] Through use of Polymorph any Object and Metamorphic Transfer, characters can qualify for Beholder Mage, a kickarse class.
    • Behold! by LordofProcrastination.
  • [SIZE=+1]Cheater of Mystra:[/SIZE] A build which features top-notch metamagic cleric spellcasting and supernatural spells.
  • [SIZE=+1]Explosive Rune Collecting:[/SIZE]
    Explosive runes can be made in large quantities, then exploded all at once with an intentional dispel magic.
  • [SIZE=+1]Follower Casting:[/SIZE] Uses Epic Leadership and additional casters to drop immensely high DC spells to easy-to-cast levels.
  • [SIZE=+1]Hannibal Lector:[/SIZE] An invulnerability build using Illithid Savant.
  • [SIZE=+1]Little Red Raiding Hood:[/SIZE] Trick for creating a powerful dragoon, aka lance-user high-jumper killer.
  • [SIZE=+1]Mercantile Background:[/SIZE] Using this feat with team resource consolidation, Leadership, or the Thrallherd prestige class results in a significant advantage in gold gain.
  • [SIZE=+1]Mind Switch:[/SIZE] Versatile power that lets you pick and choose bodies and capabilities.
  • [SIZE=+1]Multipounce:[/SIZE] The Telflammar Shadowlord prestige class plus other teleportation powers to gain multiple full-attacks in a round.
  • [SIZE=+1]Save Game:[/SIZE] Create a "Save Game" point that you can return to in case things go badly.
  • [SIZE=+1]Spells as Free Actions:[/SIZE] writting your spells on ice cubes, you may cast them as free action.
  • [SIZE=+1]Spell-Level Hijinks:[/SIZE] Sanctum Spell and other feats can adjust up or down a spell's effective level, enabling a variety of wily tricks.
  • [SIZE=+1]The Twice Betrayer:[/SIZE] Trick for expanded persistification capability and an invulnerability combo.

[SIZE=+3]HELP NEEDED!!![/SIZE]

As you may see, we're trying to rescue the builds that got lost after the TO boards closure.
If you wanna help the COmmunity you may!!
Save Knowledge:Test all the links in our first post! If you find any of them still working, copy the relevant part and post it in this thread formatted as in the first post! Start with the Smashers, and continue with the semi-smashers! WE NEED YOU!

Why the hell did you make a duplicate of Champaign Smashers II?
People told me that Gideon Gideonson isn't updating his thread anymore, and LordofProcrastination isn't sure uptading his one. So, because new smashers may come up even if 3.5 is no more so actual, I made this new thread 'cause i've the time to update it.
However, I don't know where champaign smashers are, nor I can digg every single topic in the board, so please, if you know any build that you think may smash a champaign and that is not in our list, please post it here.

Thank you,
AD

Originally posted by tytalus:

There's no link to the thread you took all this from. That's not cool.

Why the hell did you make a duplicate of Champaign Smashers II?
People told me that Gideon Gideonson isn't updating his thread anymore, and LordofProcrastination isn't sure uptading his one. So, because new smashers may come up even if 3.5 is no more so actual, I made this new thread 'cause i've the time to update it.
It's still unclear why a new thread is needed unless there actually is a new "smasher".

Well... there is a link. The link links to the thread from wich the thread I took from tooks from.

...Just now repling you I discovered that the link is not working anymore. I'll edit it, I'm sorry.

There are new smashers. Mine and Endarire's one. And I think other will pop up soon.

Edit: cvd, janusjones' infinite damage added

Originally posted by NiteCyper:

You should read through the two Campaign Smashers threads to figure out those builds which weren't posted.

You don't have the Shadowcraft Mage there and the 'Knight of Shadows' (in my sig which will be removed if you post it in this thread) multi-pouncer. I think Chrono-Legionnaire might qualify too.

Originally posted by innabinder:

Please fix the links that don't work by connecting to the original threads through the archive. Thanks.
smile.gif

Originally posted by thompsja:

Can you use True Strike with Persistent Spell?

If so, you can have something game-breaking at first level: Human Sorcerer, with two first-level feats: Extend Spell and Persistent Spell. He could be a Metamagic Sorcerer (PHB2), but it is not necessary.

He casts True Strike with Persistent Spell. If he can do that, on level 2, he starts training as a fighter, to use Power Attack and Cleave, etc, since he's not likely to miss with a +20 insight to every attack roll. If it gets dispelled, he casts again.

Originally posted by muertog:

By the rules set within Persistent Spell, you cannot persist True Strike. True Strike is a spell that discharges upon use, AND has a maximum duration of 1 round. Both are not allowed by Persistent Spell.

I quote Muertog, plus this thread is not meant to come up with new build, but just to post links to the ones in other threads... I suggest you to open a new thread if you want to discuss a new combo. @Inna Binder: Yeah, it is a long work
smile.gif
I'm working on it, help is appreciated
@NiteCypher: the shadowcraft mage is an handbook... is there any build in it that i missed? About the second link you gave to me: this is not a smasher, just a very well optimized combo. With "smasher" we intend something more tricky, not just a very good optimization.

Originally posted by khift:

I don't see any broken wine anywhere in this thread....

gah.gif

Originally posted by NiteCyper:

@NiteCypher: the shadowcraft mage is an handbook... is there any build in it that i missed? About the second link you gave to me: this is not a smasher, just a very well optimized combo. With "smasher" we intend something more tricky, not just a very good optimization.
1. My name isn't NiteCypher.
2. Trust me, Shadowcraft Mage is broken (e.g. free Miracles).
3. You have a pouncer on your semi-campaign smasher list, I think Chrono-Legionnaire and Knight of Shadows qualify? (I can't check right now, sorry.)

Edit: Even more smashers in my sig. 'Kill at any distance', 'Death by Awesome at level 3' (Not so much a smasher.), 'Optimizing Arcane Swordsage' because Arcane Swordsage is broken.

Originally posted by Endarire:

Unfortunately, you have a buncha broken links.

Also, there's no 'the' in Little Red Raiding Hood.

I appreciate your continuing this otherwise.

Thanks for your appreciatements Endarire. @NiteCyper: sorry for your name :p
I just going to fully restyle this thread, because I have enaugh of digging archives. When everything will be definitive, I'll take a further look of what you suggested. Just give me a couple of days: if possible post or link builds that are no more available, thanks!

Ok, this is the format I'd appreciate: what do you guys think about it? Would be abolutely more ocnfortable, and will mean no more digging threads to find what you're looking for.
EDIT: I'm slowly changing the whole first post applying the new format. I hope you'll like it. I see that a lot of builds are gone! We absolutely need to resque 'em! No one has them saved on his computer?

ok it seems that I can't have a message longer than 50.000 characters... How can you go past this? any ideas to save the lost builds?

ok it seems that I can't have a message longer than 50.000 characters... How can you go past this? any ideas to save the lost builds?
Spoilers and multiple posts in which to hold the builds.

Originally posted by tsuyoshikentsu:

You don't have the Shaedling.

Tsuyoshikentsu, I'm working on it...
InnaBinder: i've not enaught posts reserved... it would be a TON of characters... you might take a look of my last project..

To fully preserve even the first post of each thread, you'd need at least one post in this thread per build post. This equates to a massive book.

Also, you could probably rescue threads from Google's cache like someone did with UberERcharger.

Finally, why is "Champaign Smashers" pertinent to D&D?

The first assumption isn't correct, for not every post takes 50.000 characters.

Yeah, I'm trying to. But my google-fu is limitated tu site searches, and I'm not retrieving much.

Uh?

The post should be "Campaign Smashers" not "Champaign Smashers."

Shame on me!

News! I digged the first part of the first post: i fixed most of the links. Those still unworking are (at leat for me) unretrievable. See if you can find 'em or repost 'em.

Check the last page of the SurrealDex - I think it's post #435 - for working links to 3 of LoP's Dirty Tricks.

Originally posted by rasmus_wagner:

You don't have the Shaedling.
And this is indeed the thread for it.

@InnaBinder: thanks but unfortunately, the one I don't have the link for (#3) is broken in that index too @Rasmus: I stopped updating the thread for a while, 'coz i'm busy to write it all down to our on-workin .doc. See "The Very Best of CO" thread for further explanations.

No, actually, it's not.

Originally posted by DLoFunk:

LOL!^^^

Sorry guy, but that too is dead.

It consistently comes up correctly every time I open it, whether I've logged out or not beforehand. I really don't know what else to say. I can open the link just fine.

Originally posted by DLoFunk:

Interesting. It didn't work when I replied before, but now it does.

Woah! It works! I love you Inna! Thankthanks!

Originally posted by thedragonmaster:

I'm not sure if it constitutes as a smasher, but if instantly destroying the entire universe (a.k.a. playing with Ring Gates or Portable Holes) is deemed worthy, I think the following thread should be added:

Advanced Theoretical Mathematics/Physics in DnD: when calculations attack

Originally posted by wings_of_peace:

Didn't there used to be an alternate working Monty link? It was ages ago so I lost it but some time ago someone pointed out a forum database where the thread still existed. That's how I originally read about it.

Here's Monty, by psly4mne :D

Originally posted by dr_rocktopus:

Do you suppose the Buildomancer merits a place here? I mean, once he goes off, the campaign world is unplayable without divine intervention.

Last edited:

Remove ads