Broken Magic Item: Infinite Healing?

pawsplay

Hero
Ok, I've given this some thought. Yes, it's a cheap item, but for the same price, you could have three nearly fully charged wands of cure light wounds. And an item is really only as unlimited as it can avoid being stolen or destroyed. However, unlike the lantern of revealing, or the amulet of the places, being able to use the item continuously is much better because you can accumulate the result. The standard multiplier for "better" seems to be 1.5. Healing seems to fall under the category of "allies," so it should probably be a bracelet. Continuous doesn't seem to be operative, since it's an instantaneous spell, so it should be use-activated.

Assuming I allowed such an item to be researched, it would look like this:

Bracelet of Infinite Succor: This bracelet is made of shimmering white gold. Each time the bracelet is worn, the wearer heals 1d8+1 hit points (as the spell, cure light wounds). The user must don the bracelet repeatedly to gain the benefit more than once.
Faint conjuration; CL 1; Craft Wondrous Items, cure light wounds; Price 3,000 gp.

Last edited:

cignus_pfaccari

First Post
Hypersmurf said:
Well, that's easy.

The time taken to activate a power from an item is the same as the casting time of the spell... unless the item description states otherwise.

So just state otherwise in the item description :)

(See the infusion in Masters of the Wild - standard action to activate, regardless of the casting time of the spell. And since True Resurrection is a divine spell, you can make it into an infusion... which means there's a precedent for True Resurrection as a standard action.)

-Hyp.

Hrm. Interesting thought. I'd ignored infusions completely. Let's see how I can abuse that...thanks!

Brad

Remove ads