Broken things errata'ed, July 2009

boolean

Explorer
17 constitution. Lets assume you want an 18 by the end of your career, and a 17 at the start of epic tier. That just requires you to start with a 14 and bump it twice, or a 16 and never bump it, leaving you with 4 to 6 discretionary points to place wherever you like.

Your numbers are out a little. You only need a 15 at 1st to reach 17 at 21st without bumps. So, it's even easier to qualify than you think.

Cadfan

First Post
Your numbers are out a little. You only need a 15 at 1st to reach 17 at 21st without bumps. So, it's even easier to qualify than you think.
My bad. I was rounding to even numbers on general principle, although I guess there's little reason to do so. You could always even the numbers out at 24 or 28 if you cared to.

Goumindong

First Post
Dwarves might add Wis to combat challenges (attack and damage) with a feat, and Pit Fighter is good, and I believe a couple other feats use Wis. And, with Marked Scourge, Wis is pretty decent for all fighters really.

And Combat Superiority, of course.

Sword-users also typically want a bit of Dex for things like heavy blade opportunity, though that's obviously not required.

Agile Opportunist[in a game with allies who can push/pull/slide], Stonefoot Reprisal[in a game with enemies who like to push/slide], Combat Superiority, Dedicated Challenge[+Wis to att and dmg for CC], Cleric Multiclassing to Warpriest[Two Wisdom attacks, 1 melee vs Fort! AND a super-mark that grants OA's and so triggers two attacks on a defection], Pit Fighter, Marked Scourge, Uncanny Dodge[Seriously amazing feat as many fighters end up surrounded and flanked most of the time], and there are also some feats that give you bonuses to movement based saves that are based on wisdom.

You lose out on a couple of cool con based feats, but really Wisdom, aside from Hammer Rythm, Dwarven Durability, and BRV just isn't used as much as Wisdom is in granting cool and strong abilities.

Remove ads