Bronze Golem

Garnfellow

Explorer
Cthulhudrew said:
If we get a finalized version here, I'm sure Shawn (the site's webmaster) would love to post it up there for us. Keep the next guy from having to dig around and look like you did! :)

That sounds pretty cool. I know Boz is currently trying to reduce his open projects, but if we can get this conversion close to final maybe he could provide a coup de grace and place this in the Creature Collection!

:)

Garnfellow

Explorer
Bronze Golem 2.0

Here's my blended version. I also altered the Damage Reduction to 10/adamantine -- I originally kept the DR intentionally low in order to allow a more frequent use of the fiery blood ability, but I think that trick will only get sprung a couple of times before the PCs get wise anyway.

=====

BRONZE GOLEM
Huge Construct (Fire)
Hit Dice: 20d10+40 (150 hp)
Initiative: –1
Speed: 25 ft. (5 squares)
Armor Class: 21 (–2 size, –1 Dex, +14 natural) touch 7, flat-footed 21
Base Attack/Grapple: +15/+33
Attack: Slam +23 melee (3d10+10 and 1d10 heat)
Full Attack: 2 slams +23 melee (3d10+10 and 1d10 heat)
Space/Reach: 15 ft./15 ft.
Special Attacks: Heat
Special Qualities: Construct traits, damage reduction 10/adamantine, darkvision 60 ft., fiery blood, immunity to fire, immunity to magic, low-light vision, vulnerability to cold
Saves: Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +6
Abilities: Str 30, Dex 8, Con —, Int —, Wis 11, Cha 1
Skills:
Feats:
Environment: Any
Organization: Solitary
Challenge Rating: 12
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always neutral
Advancement: 21–60 HD (Huge)
Level Adjustment:

The towering figure appears like a 16-foot tall fire giant made all of bronze. The air around its metal form shimmers and blurs as if heated by an incredible fire.

This golem, occasionally confused with an iron golem, has a humanoid body made from bronze; its blood is liquid fire. A bronze golem can be fashioned in any manner, but is often formed like a broad-chested, bearded giant with half-plate armor and a horned helmet. A bronze golem is 16 feet tall and weighs about 13,000 pounds. A bronze golem cannot speak or make any vocal noise. Its body shimmers with the great heat inside it and it moves with a surprisingly swift gait. Each step causes the floor to tremble unless it is on a thick, solid foundation.

Combat

Bronze golems are formidable opponents, using their crushing strength in conjunction with their burning form to deal searing pain to the enemy.

Heat (Su): The merest touch of a bronze golem is searingly hot. Those hit by a bronze golem’s slam attack take 1d10 points of heat damage. Creatures hitting a bronze golem with natural weapons or unarmed attacks take heat damage as though hit by the golem’s slam attack.

Fiery Blood (Su): Anyone scoring damage on a bronze golem with a piercing or slashing melee weapon must make a DC 20 Reflex save or take 2d6 points of damage from the fiery “blood” spurting out of the wound. The save DC is Constitution-based.

Immunity to Magic (Ex): A bronze golem is immune to any spell or spell-like ability that allows spell resistance. In addition, certain spells and effects function differently against the creature, as noted below.

A cold effect that deals more than 30 points of damage slows it (as the slow spell) for 1d6 rounds, with no saving throw. A magical attack that deals fire damage breaks any slow effect on the golem and heals 1 point of damage for each 3 points of damage the attack would otherwise deal. If the amount of healing would cause the golem to exceed its full normal hit points, it gains any excess as temporary hit points. A bronze golem gets no saving throw against fire effects.

Construction

A bronze golem’s body is cast from 13,000 pounds of pure bronze, smelted with rare tinctures and admixtures costing at least 30,000 gp. Assembling the body requires a DC 20 Craft (sculpting) check or a DC 20 Craft (bronzeworking) check. Additionally, a DC 20 Craft (alchemy) check is needed in order to create the liquid fire that fills the golem's interior.

CL 16th; Craft Construct, fire shield, geas/quest, limited wish, polymorph any object, wall of fire, caster must be at least 16th level; Price 120,000 gp; Cost 90,000 gp + 3,600 XP.

Remove ads